Lear 35A Vs Lear 55B fuel burn comparison

J777Fly

Hi,

I'm looking for accurate fuel consumption figures for both the Lear 35A and Lear 55B to do a comparison. If anyone has any reliable figures to share, please contribute as that would be appreciated.

Thanks

I flew both awhile back but I can't find the hourly burn rates in my notes. I do know the 55B is identical to the 55 as far as burn (same engines). The numbers from fltplan.com come quite close usually (maybe a touch conservative) but that's a good place to start. I would always plan with that and the burns were never far off.

Just curious, why the comparison? I've flown both(did a few contract trips in a 35, flew a 55 for an un-named bottom feeder out of Van Nuys for a little bit), and the 55 is an absolute dog!

The fuel burn is very similar. I wanted to say I planned 1600 lbs for the first hour on the 55, 1500 lbs on the 35. The numbers were fairly close.

I don't know what you're running the numbers for, the 35 blows the 55 out of the water in the only number that matters, which is Sex Appeal.

The fuel burn numbers sound fairly similar across all the types then. Numbers for the 45 are pretty similar.

Cockpit seats in Learjets are just cruel and unusual punishment for any kind of long day.

One of our local medevac operators is phasing out the 35s in favor of 2005 beechjets. They say the beechjet has shorter enough legs that alternates are going to be a problem on some of their normal trips that weren't an issue in the 35. So yeah...

Back