Lear 35A Vs Lear 55B fuel burn comparison

OMG, when I first moved from the 35 to the 55 I thought I had died and gone to heaven. Then again, when I got my first 35 job, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. After I had flown 5 hours in either one of them, I knew where I really was.

Bingo. I am flying an XLS now and after 200 hours in the airplane I still love it. Ya it's slower at .75 but it is such a nicer airplane than a 35 or 55. All the little things things that add up to being a giant PITA are all nonexistent in the plane I fly now. After about 10 hours in both the 35 and 55 I hated them, and I still hate them.

Don't use a Beecher for EMS. Just don't....
They'll have the Nextant 400XTi conversion. I don't know much about it, but apparently it adds a lot of range? They claim 2000nm with a normal load and IFR reserves. Although their website says this -
Full Authority Digital Engine Control (FADEC) eliminates the need for a thrust reverser- further reducing weight and operating costs while improving operational reliability.
Which leads me to believe their marketing department doesn't actually know what FADEC is. 2 things on that. Someone should inform Boeing, Airbus, Gulfstream, Dessault etc etc, and um... how?
Jets without reversers seem to be really good at exiting runways where you don't want them to.

They'll have the Nextant 400XTi conversion. I don't know much about it, but apparently it adds a lot of range? They claim 2000nm with a normal load and IFR reserves. Although their website says this -

Which leads me to believe their marketing department doesn't actually know what FADEC is. 2 things on that. Someone should inform Boeing, Airbus, Gulfstream, Dessault etc etc, and um... how?
Jets without reversers seem to be really good at exiting runways where you don't want them to.

The fadec has a ground mode that takes away A LOT of the residual thrust that the old engines had.

Reverse only really made noise anyway.

The nextant Is nice but it is the same wing and brakes. High and hot and contaminated runways are an Achilles heal.

The fadec has a ground mode that takes away A LOT of the residual thrust that the old engines had.

Reverse only really made noise anyway.

The nextant Is nice but it is the same wing and brakes. High and hot and contaminated runways are an Achilles heal.
The hot and high won't be an issue. Contamination will be. How bad are the brakes? Why is the wing bad? I know nothing about the airplane really except that @Boris Badenov hates it, an he also hates the 99, which he is 100% correct on the latter so he's probably right on the former.

The hot and high won't be an issue. Contamination will be. How bad are the brakes? Why is the wing bad? I know nothing about the airplane really except that @Boris Badenov hates it, an he also hates the 99, which he is 100% correct on the latter so he's probably right on the former.
Hit and high will still be an issue. The engines are better but not that much. The wing is inefficient, hence full span flaps and no ailerons.

The brakes themselves are ok, the anti skid is junk. When it activates it lets go of the brakes completely for too long. You get this real jerky action that really chews up runway and is too sensitive. A damp runway and modest braking can set it off.

Heh. I don't hate the Bitchjet like I hate the 99. I have a simmering, low-level resentment for the Bitchjet, but that's mostly because people want it to perform a mission it wasn't intended for and plus Beech made it worse by uh "fixing" it. The DIamond 1 was absurdly, hilariously underpowered, but the Diamond II would have been a pretty good Citation-Killer if the FAA hadn't been bribed in to making it a two-pilot airplane. Oh, poop, I've said too much, they're knocking on door!

Hit and high will still be an issue. The engines are better but not that much. The wing is inefficient, hence full span flaps and no ailerons.

The brakes themselves are ok, the anti skid is junk. When it activates it lets go of the brakes completely for too long. You get this real jerky action that really chews up runway and is too sensitive. A damp runway and modest braking can set it off.
He means hot and high won't be an issue because the highest airport elevation they operate out of is under 1000' msl. In Alaska.

Yeah, heh, if memory serves, after pretty much sucking off the entire FAA to get to 16.1, they must have shot a pingpong ball out of some orifice or another to get the 100% paperwork STC to make it 16.3. I mean, poop, why not 18.3 and you just need an 11,000ft runway on the moon?

Yeah, heh, if memory serves, after pretty much sucking off the entire FAA to get to 16.1, they must have shot a pingpong ball out of some orifice or another to get the 100% paperwork STC to make it 16.3. I mean, poop, why not 18.3 and you just need an 11,000ft runway on the moon?
All that and still couldn't pull the AC system out....

You mean to tell me the only possible way to drive a flap indicator is with an AC powered indicator....

Sounds suspiciously like a phenom 100....

Sounds suspiciously like a phenom 100....

Yeah except you can buy one for $800,000, it'll fly faster, higher, and carry more peeps, plus while the brakes do suck, it doesn't go off the end of the runway every other week.

Back