Layover food

View attachment 78212

Porchetta sandwich in Little Italy BOS. Off to Dublin tonight, first time there for me, any recommendations?
The Church cafe or the bank on college green for food. Temple bar area is super touristy but if it’s your first time you should check it out. There’s also a really good Mongolian BBQ place in temple bar

Last edited:
Rome!

IMG_5185.jpeg

Spent the weekend down in SAN grazing like a couple of cows.

Breakfast at a place called Morning Glory, it’s definitely got an instagram wall but the food was great and they have bidets lol. Pleasantly surprised for ordering the “American Breakfast”
IMG_6289.jpeg

Dinner at Mable’s Gone Fishing, definitely would recommend.

Mackerel on toast, Seabass was great but the Swordfish au Poivre was the highlight.
IMG_6292.jpeg

IMG_6294.jpeg

IMG_6297.jpeg

Pizza and wings at Pizza Port brewing
IMG_6302.jpeg

Spent the weekend down in SAN grazing like a couple of cows.

Breakfast at a place called Morning Glory, it’s definitely got an instagram wall but the food was great and they have bidets lol. Pleasantly surprised for ordering the “American Breakfast”View attachment 78268

Dinner at Mable’s Gone Fishing, definitely would recommend.

Mackerel on toast, Seabass was great but the Swordfish au Poivre was the highlight.
View attachment 78269
View attachment 78270
View attachment 78271

Pizza and wings at Pizza Port brewing
View attachment 78272
Ugh, Mabel’s gone Fishing was always on my list when I lived there and I just never got around to it. I did Morning Glory once and would never willingly wait that long for it, but I think the food was actually pretty good. The breakfast carbonara was so damn good.

Ugh, Mabel’s gone Fishing was always on my list when I lived there and I just never got around to it. I did Morning Glory once and would never willingly wait that long for it, but I think the food was actually pretty good. The breakfast carbonara was so damn good.
Do it, if you make your way back…that’s why I asked you the other day where you’re at.

100% agree to morning glory. The Uber dropped us off in little Italy around 0845, coincidentally right in front. We walked right up and got seated. On our way out the line was down the stairs and around the corner. I mean the food was good but not al one wait, type of worth it.

IRISH PUB! Duhhhhhh

Literally this is the answer in any country for the us navy. Bahrain? Yes, Irish pub, with all 1000 of your friends :)

But I agree, in Dublin, its probably unavoidable, in the same way that Canadian bacon is unavoidable in Canada

Some hole in the wall taco place in KONT. Either this will be amazing or I will regret it, possibly both.
View attachment 78284

I don't know why, but this reminds me of a trip a while back. A day turn to ONT. We were flying a light loaded -700, and it was a great wx afternoon. Best greaser of my short 737 career (so far), and just tapped idle reverse only barely......thing coasted almost to a stop on its own before I even touched the brakes. Chef's kiss. This was my next landing after the last of my previous trip, putting a heavy 9ER into super gusty LAS. That one was somehow, unknown how, my second best greaser. It was a pretty great couple days overall, even if it is just a blind squirrel getting a couple nuts every now and then :) Anyway, back to smashing airplanes into the ground at 800 fpm again for a while

ACC

Eggs royale for breakfast at the hotel
IMG_4778.jpeg

Dinner at Vixie’s Delicacies. The appetizers were some of the best Lebanese food I’ve had and I didn’t get nearly enough pictures! The shawarma chicken was ok but would probably order something different next time.
IMG_4769.jpeg
IMG_4770.jpeg

Back