Layover food

Sandwich time in Anchorage.
20240405_114753.jpg

When you are in Japan and can't eat MSG.

View attachment 77303

Man that sucks. I actually bought a bag of MSG powder at an Asian market in Vancouver BC recently. Haven’t used it yet, but my favorite foods often have it, whether that be added, or as a byproduct of their production processes

Soy sauce? Check. Parmesan cheese? Check. Tomatoes? Check. Delicious Asian foods? Check. Oh yeah, Top Ramen and Doritos?Check

Man that sucks. I actually bought a bag of MSG powder at an Asian market in Vancouver BC recently. Haven’t used it yet, but my favorite foods often have it, whether that be added, or as a byproduct of their production processes

Soy sauce? Check. Parmesan cheese? Check. Tomatoes? Check. Delicious Asian foods? Check. Oh yeah, Top Ramen and Doritos?Check

Yep... it's in most about everything. I so wanted to get a thing of yakisoba noodles from one of the venders at a cherry blossom festival last night but just smelling the sauce was enough to get my throat starting to contract. Fun times.
Captain, if we're in Tokyo simultaneously, we'll go eat and tell some stories. I generally eat "local" but you're worth going off the 'program' to hang out with again. :)

And that's whats I appreciates about you.

Oh dude, that place is my jam. Spring/Summertime, we normally try and stay by the ballpark and there is one (maybe this one?) right there. Underrated side, but my favorite is the beans. Gotta have em to cut the fat/richness

Man. I used to love me some BBQ - any kind, all regions, all varieties....but somewhere along the line I realized that the QRH-part of my brain was lighting up like the Vegas strip when I was spending more time thinking about the antacid I'd need to take before, the likely-violent-meat-induced-dreams I'd have during the night, and the subsequent feelings the next day...

Large amounts of meat were having similar effects to large amounts of alcohol. Can't process either too well in the quantities I used to. Which is a good thing, I guess, and makes me appreciate the healthier food choices I make. There's just something wonderfully decadent about a large plate of well-smoked and seasoned meat though....

Back