Layover cities for the regionals

Well, true.

I'm just reluctant to advise someone with geographical limits on where they are willing to live about which regional is in which city. The business is too dynamic for "I can only live in Memphis, TN!" type people because that big beautiful base you're commuting to could vaPOOrize overnight, and often does.

You just described the top 10% of the Pinnacle CAs based in MEM. :) Some can't even go to FedEx. No degree. Me? Dear god, I couldn't stay there. Nice thing about MCO, you can get to most hubs from there. The flights are just always full....

How about, don't become a pilot and find a job in the city you want to live in. Problem solved!

Well, true.

I'm just reluctant to advise someone with geographical limits on where they are willing to live about which regional is in which city. The business is too dynamic for "I can only live in Memphis, TN!" type people because that big beautiful base you're commuting to could vaPOOrize overnight, and often does.

Correct, which is why this guy's posts are superfluous. In fact, every thread he has started has been.

Get the job you can, with the company you want to be at, and make things work. That may mean doing a hellish commute. That may mean moving. That may mean a whole host of other things, but there are multiple solutions to problems. As an example, people on here couldn't believe that I would commute from SLC to EWR, and how I should uproot my wife (as if she had no say in the issue) and move us to Newark so I could live in base.

Because that worked out oh so well for the guys that bought houses in LA, and then got furloughed/had the base close, or the guy that sold his house in another part of the country and moved to Houston, and then did a hub to hub commute because he could never hold Houston and then got furloughed, or me who did a cross country commute and then, you guessed it, got furloughed.

Correct, which is why this guy's posts are superfluous. In fact, every thread he has started has been.

Get the job you can, with the company you want to be at, and make things work. That may mean doing a hellish commute. That may mean moving. That may mean a whole host of other things, but there are multiple solutions to problems. As an example, people on here couldn't believe that I would commute from SLC to EWR, and how I should uproot my wife (as if she had no say in the issue) and move us to Newark so I could live in base.

Because that worked out oh so well for the guys that bought houses in LA, and then got furloughed/had the base close, or the guy that sold his house in another part of the country and moved to Houston, and then did a hub to hub commute because he could never hold Houston and then got furloughed, or me who did a cross country commute and then, you guessed it, got furloughed.
Hell I just started a SEA HNL commute but it is actually not too bad.

Back