Latest on Pinnacle

CATIV

Heard they are interviewing. is the pool drained? will the ppl interviewing be given class dates or placed in a pool? Will they be assigned ATL? How is the staffing at Pinnacle? How many ppl a month are they loosing?

thanks in advance :)

Re: Lates on Pinnacle

just realized i misspelled the tittle:confused::confused::confused:

Latest On Pinnacle...there you go

This is a public forum so if you want first hand "facts" you can send me a PM and I will answer specific questions. I would steer clear of this place- no contract till spring AT THE EARLIEST and you will be used and abused. Folks do seem to get the -900 but I can not predict where future vacancies will lead. The quick upgrade is gone. I have been here about 2 years and from the last bid I am CLOSE to holding CA seniority. Keep in mind that where you go now needs to be somewhere you are willing to stay at for a while in the current environment. Let me know if I can help.

TO PNCL FOLKS: MGMT DOES TROLL ;) Yep.... I'm on to you bud.

To answer your questions:

New hire FO classes start back up monday (9-8) and will be running at 2 classes per month (according to the VP of Flight ops's latest company wide msg). There are roughly 250 in the pool, but there is an "interview pool" and a "hired pool" so I don't know the breakdown. You need 1000/200 unless you have a bridge program. Airline apps is how you apply. If you have less than 1000TT but have CRJ/JET experience they evaluate you via a "review board". We lost 14 folks last month out of roughly 1400. ATL is a big question mark if you bid it in training. Worst case it would be a few classes under you before you can hold it. When I came through my entire class got DTW (I bid for MEM since I live here) and got it about 3 months after I hit the line.

I think that covered what you asked:D!

So I got an e mail from Christina today saying that she was leaving her position and someone else was taking over. In addition they were getting things together for new interviewing comming up? Also she has a copy of my resume, I sent it via e mail. I personally do not wish to log into Airlineaps and have had the communication with her. Is this a must in order to get an invite? In addition does anyone know if 9E is has changed their stance of former 121 employees and resigning their seniority? I know in the past they had not forced you to. Just wondering if one knows.

meyers I replied to your PM....

Resigning the seniority number? I was told "No" when I called and asked about a month ago when a friend was going to send his stuff in (furloughed).

Airline apps.... I don't know what the "official" stance is but the same friend as the seniority issue was told to "update airline apps" and she already had his resume so I would assume HR is working towards airline apps.

The new hire "incentives" are now gone. Only hotel and $400/wk. No OE or 6 month bonuses, and no referral bonuses. Supply and Demand....

They were illegal breaches of status quo, anyway.

Very true, just trying to get all the facts on the table though. For those who are looking to come here many don't know all the grievances currently on file- a search from even a month ago would lead them to believe they would be getting an extra $1250 over the course of their first 6 months.

TO PNCL FOLKS: MGMT DOES TROLL ;) Yep.... I'm on to you bud.

Thats sad. What are they trying to find out on here? HOw much people really hate where they work?

The new hire "incentives" are now gone. Only hotel and $400/wk. No OE or 6 month bonuses, and no referral bonuses. Supply and Demand....

You'll make more money in training than when you hit the line the first year! 3 years ago it was no hotel, no pay!

Thats sad. What are they trying to find out on here? HOw much people really hate where they work?

They troll for info everywhere, but they're especially fond of fishing for info over on FI. I know for a fact that the base managers have been watching FI for years now. Probably one of the reasons that they didn't like me very much. :)

meyers I replied to your PM....

Resigning the seniority number? I was told "No" when I called and asked about a month ago when a friend was going to send his stuff in (furloughed).

Airline apps.... I don't know what the "official" stance is but the same friend as the seniority issue was told to "update airline apps" and she already had his resume so I would assume HR is working towards airline apps.

$400/wk? That is good money! I got $300/wk.
Wish I could go to Pinnacle! :sarcasm:

It's not a very good atmosphere over here right now. Volitile would be a good description, actually. We're basically a match light away from burning the place down. On the one hand, we're one of the few hiring now. On the other, if you get an interview offer from Mesaba....run there, don't walk.

Ken, I looked at the latest award for ATL, and I would have BARELY been able to get CA on that one. Good news is 3 more MEM CAs are moving over there, so now I should only be about 20 away from holding a high speed line. :)

It's not a very good atmosphere over here right now. Volitile would be a good description, actually. We're basically a match light away from burning the place down. On the one hand, we're one of the few hiring now. On the other, if you get an interview offer from Mesaba....run there, don't walk.

Ken, I looked at the latest award for ATL, and I would have BARELY been able to get CA on that one. Good news is 3 more MEM CAs are moving over there, so now I should only be about 20 away from holding a high speed line. :)

Thankfully I think a good number of FO's who wanted the first upgrade they could get just put in for ATL. My wife wants me to wait until a class after the holidays and I have the time and age now so I am "evaluating" when to update my standing bid. I have always said I would upgrade ASAP but waiting 1 vacancy to have QOL for the holidays and a new year's trip may be worth more than a few extra $K. I will definately have my standing bid in for MEM for the first proposed date after Jan 1. We shall see. From what I can tell I will have about 10 below me in MEM and be about 35 from a hard line (about 30 from a HS).

I've looked through the fleet update for October on DeltaNet, and it showed Freedom is losing 3 CRJ900s and PNCL getting 3 more. Also, still showing quite a bit of flying from CVG starting soon for PNCL.

Yup. . .looks like PNCL is getting 3 of the -900's. . .Funny how that is.

I don't tend to say stuff like this, but. . .one of the primary reasons Delta awarded the -900 flying to Pinnacle was because ASA did not have a contract yet, 4 years into a negotiation.

And yet - you guys are stalled for a number of reasons.

Here's to getting a contract. . .

Yup. . .looks like PNCL is getting 4 of the -900's. . .Funny how that is.

I don't tend to say stuff like this, but. . .one of the primary reasons Delta awarded the -900 flying to Pinnacle was because ASA did not have a contract yet, 4 years into a negotiation.

And yet - you guys are stalled for a number of reasons.

Here's to getting a contract. . .

Has there been a press release on additional 900's? Reason I ask is we are working up to our 16 + 1 spare (17 total) and currently only have something like 11 or 12 delivered. So these 3 or 4 may be some of the rest that are coming on line from the original/revised deal. I have NOT heard that we got more than our original amount, although rumors have all kinds of crazy stuff "supposedly" happening.:rolleyes:

You guys have access to DeltaNet? Sorry, I said 4 -900s, it's really 3.

Just search october 2008 fleet update. First link, then Delta/DC Fleet data.

Freedom sees a decrease in 3 -900s, and magically Pinnacle sees an increase in 3 compared to the September fleet layout.

You guys have access to DeltaNet? Sorry, I said 4 -900s, it's really 3.

Just search october 2008 fleet update. First link, then Delta/DC Fleet data.

Freedom sees a decrease in 3 -900s, and magically Pinnacle sees an increase in 3 compared to the September fleet layout.

the point someone else was trying to make is aren't you guys already taking deliveries for 900's. These aren't additional deliveries?

The new theory is that Delta doesnt want to give these to another carrier only to have a judge give freedom another injunction and then have to transfer them back until a court case is heard. So comair moves there 900's up to JFK to cover freedoms current 7 a/c worth of flying and Pinnacle uses their current deliveries to back fill comairs absence from cvg.

Freedoms 7 900's go to temp storage until Delta is sure they can remove them. Remember what JO said

Recently Mesa chief executive Jonathan Ornstein told employees the CRJ900 dispute would also have "to wind its way through the courts".

So its not a matter of if but when mesa will bring these a/c to court as well.

I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

My company - never has had -900s. Delta found us to be a bit too expensive for their taste, and our pilot group was in a middle of a 5 year negotiations battle to get a contract.

Which is a slight variation on Pinnacle's situation, contract negotiations, etc. Factor is though, they already have -900s. . .so why give them to a company that doesn't have any right now when you can simply re-allocate your owned -900's to another company who will sublease them from you for whatever rate (Mesa's is a $1 a day; According to AIN, and ATW)

Back