Latest Kalitta Captain award (767)

falconvalley

Absentee Dad of the OOTSK, Runner, Cat Frustrator
New seniority list is out today. Last month the latest CA award was hired April 2017. That is 14 months to the left seat of a 767. The award before that was 19 months to the left seat of a 747.

In the interest of full disclosure- this is mostly growth. I hear not many people are leaving right now.

New seniority list is out today. Last month the latest CA award was hired April 2017. That is 14 months to the left seat of a 767. The award before that was 19 months to the left seat of a 747.

In the interest of full disclosure- this is mostly growth. I hear not many people are leaving right now.
Compared to the route structure and complexity of ops at a regional that sounds ... intimidating.

Compared to the route structure and complexity of ops at a regional that sounds ... intimidating.

It’s definitely different, from an operating standpoint. But the things that make life easier are very much the same.

It’s definitely different, from an operating standpoint. But the things that make life easier are very much the same.
What's competitive mins over there now, after nailing down a good contract?
Can you defer, or whatever you guys call passing on the upgrade, and if so, how long can you wait? Seems like flying the plane is only 10% of the job, and the other 90 seems like it would be difficult to fully command after a year.

Yea i knew that but wasn't sure about DURING peak. WGA can get bent.
ABBE0F32-20B1-403E-A52F-F92BC1D87669.gif

Can you defer, or whatever you guys call passing on the upgrade, and if so, how long can you wait? Seems like flying the plane is only 10% of the job, and the other 90 seems like it would be difficult to fully command after a year.

Yes. You don’t have to do anything but qualify as an FO. After that, if you do nothing, your “standing bid,” the bid for seat assignment and aircraft, remains blank. They did mention people who “just want to be IRP” in the interview, however. They frown on it, but there’s really nothing they can do, other than junior man people to upgrade, which I’ve never seen happen, myself.

Competitive mins...I hear they currently want 5000 with glass experience, but I don’t know for sure.

Back