Latest Kalitta Captain award (767)

They're all white. We had one show up during peak, not sure if you guys had any.
thats-racist.gif

They hired @Stone Cold so the bar must be pretty damn low unless you have good teeth.

They hired me so the bar is barely above the ground. :) I was hired pre-contract though so that helped my chances.

Upgrade times are low now, but there will be a bubble. If you got hired today there’s a good chance you’re upgrade time isn’t going to be 1.5 years. I believe they’ll have one more 40 person bid for the 74 and then a couple 76 captain bids totalling 80 more captains. We could buy more airplanes but we’ve already grown like wildfire. It has to stop at some point IMHO. When it does upgrade times are going to skyrocket. There is almost zero turnover. I believe there has been only two people that have voluntarily left since signing the contract a year and a half ago.

I’m not trying to post this to deter you, just to be realistic when coming here. When I got hired I was expecting a 7 year upgrade. When growth stops it probably will go back to that. It’s a great job even in the right seat though. As a second year 74 FO I will probably do at least 130,000-140,000 with almost zero OT. You get to fly a whale into cool places and stay in mostly top knotch hotels international.

Job has its downsides but overall I’m really happy here and was very lucky to get hired when I did.

To update, we’re still hiring and I think we still have another 300-400 pilots to go to meet the target. After that, who knows at this point. I came here with the expectation that I would be working Holidays for a long time, but hiring has continued. I heard that the application window is back open and they are already calling for January interviews. I don’t know what the record is for application to call. I hear a lot of people say they wait a few months, at least.

Rumor has it, that there are at least 2 stacks, but you didn’t hear that from me and I know nothing of it’s accuracy. Keep that in mind, if you want to get noticed quickly. I had help and so many others did, also. It’s also worth noting that we have been hiring a ton of ASA pilots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Hiring Update:The Application is back online, and interviewing is continuing. Current employees can make pilot recommendations by emailing HR.

Current Fleet: 26 B747-400’s and is a mix of BCF’s (Boeing Converted Freighter) and F’s/ERF’s (Factory Freighter) and 9 B767-300ER’s. Kalitta Air has acquired the first of its B777F’s from Emirates – the program is ramping up and the aircraft will be online in June of 2019. There are currently over 570 pilots on the seniority list. Interviewing and hiring is back up and going. You can submit your application online.

How does commuting work?
The company will buy you a commercial ticket from your home airport. Generally you will leave after 2000Z on your last day off to be in position by 0500Z. This can be flexible depending on your first departure leg. The company is then required to get you back in the lower 48 by 1900Z on your last day, and home by 2359Z.

Back