Laser pointer on climbout.

Funny you mention the 4th, I got lased over Iraq on July 4th, 2014. Switched off my pos/form lights and strobes and it went away real fast. Other times were in Virginia Beach, mostly doing FCLPs at our outlying field Fentress. I remember one night, this moron who was surely disgruntled that he bought a house under the pre-existing heavily used and fully disclosed-in-sale traffic pattern, started the laser routine. Apparently he didn't realize that we were flying with, you know, combat capable infrared targeting pods. So we knocked off the landings for a bit, got the pods designated on his dome, and read the exact 10 digit grid and lat/long to the duty officer who passed them to the popo. Pretty sure the guy wound up in prison.

pure awesome right there. Too bad you couldn't have just dropped something off

bugs-bunny-enjoys-a-carrot-and-a-ride-on-a-descending-bomb-compliments-of-the-39b07b-1024.jpg

pure awesome right there. Too bad you couldn't have just dropped something off

To be fair, there is an extremely powerful class 4, laser target designator incorporated into those pods. Though I think that would fall under the "crimes against humanity/war crimes" category :D

This FAA page about laser strikes has some interesting statistics. Specifically that the date distribution is uneven; a laser strike is most-likely to occur in October and November, or on a Friday or Saturday.

The Fri-Sat part makes sense to me. The first house we had in VA was just maybe a half mile outside the traffic pattern for the RWY 32 duals at NTU. If the training squadron was doing carrier landing practice late on Friday, as they occasionally needed to, even I got pretty tired of it. It's a pretty incredible amount of near-continuous noise for a Friday night, sometimes until 0100 or so. RWY 23 duals weren't as bad, since we were under the downwind for those runways, which is less loud than the more "power-on" part of the pattern from the abeam into the approach turn. But someone lived there :)

To be fair, there is an extremely powerful class 4, laser target designator incorporated into those pods. Though I think that would fall under the "crimes against humanity/war crimes" category :D
I’m fairly certain that if you look closely the Geneva convention has carveouts for:
-Gate lice
-People who move near airports and complain about the noise
-People who remove their shoes and socks on airplanes

I hate that this is still a thing. I've had it twice so far, once somewhere over Stockton on the way into OAK and another time approaching Buenos Aires. In both cases shutting all the lights off got them to stop

Yep. If we had a heads up, once we saw it tracking, we’d just hit the “Klaus Switch” and keep on truckin!

Funny you mention the 4th, I got lased over Iraq on July 4th, 2014. Switched off my pos/form lights and strobes and it went away real fast. Other times were in Virginia Beach, mostly doing FCLPs at our outlying field Fentress. I remember one night, this moron who was surely disgruntled that he bought a house under the pre-existing heavily used and fully disclosed-in-sale traffic pattern, started the laser routine. Apparently he didn't realize that we were flying with, you know, combat capable infrared targeting pods. So we knocked off the landings for a bit, got the pods designated on his dome, and read the exact 10 digit grid and lat/long to the duty officer who passed them to the popo. Pretty sure the guy wound up in prison.
While back I was working and someone doing some super secret stuff up by nellis got hit with a laser. A few minutes later the pilot gave us the address the guy was at

While back I was working and someone doing some super secret stuff up by nellis got hit with a laser. A few minutes later the pilot gave us the address the guy was at

These people are literally Florida man. It's like my 3 year old who doesn't really understand consequences or anything other than his immediate emotions. "Okay sir, you have a choice......you can turn off your laser or you can go to jail"......"NO IM NOT TURNING OFF MY LASER AND IM NOT GOING TO JAIL!!!!!!!!!!" (and hits you with little child hand).....a few minutes later "MAAAAAAAMMMMM.....I HAVE POOP"

Back