landing the 737

You should try landing an A300-600 there. The shaking usually subsided after I got to the hotel and had my first dinner beverage. :aghast:
Fun Fact: I was amongst the group of people that welcomed the first UPS aircraft to Burbank. I drove the pushback tug and watched over the belly loading on the 757s. It was a contract with Ameriflight, not sure how it's structured now.

Would you say you were part of an initial cadre?
No, I was a full time student with a full time job that wanted to work part time so I wouldn't burn out. The only reason I got the job was because I could go 15 mph in the tug pushing the tow bar without swerving off of the service road. It was a fun time in my life, things were a lot different then. I'll always recommend line service as a job for anyone going to school for anything aviation related. The hours can be flexible and the networking opportunities are plentiful.

BUR always lands 8 and departs 15. So that’s 5800 feet for landing.

It’s not a runway. It’s a patio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I had no idea. Never flown into either BUR or SNA. Is land 8 depart 15 the usual set up? Can you land 15/33 or is that just extremely rare? (like landing Rwy 19L in SFO or even 1L when the winds are howling).

Oh I had no idea. Never flown into either BUR or SNA. Is land 8 depart 15 the usual set up? Can you land 15/33 or is that just extremely rare? (like landing Rwy 19L in SFO or even 1L when the winds are howling).
Yeah, there is an approach to 15, which I think United used back in the 80s when they were operating 767s to O Hare to and from Burbank. Otherwise preference is for 8, depart 15. Fedex and UPS operate A300s at Burbank and Santa Ana routinely. Burbank is pretty tight, taxiing, everything just seems compact. Santa Ana seems more roomy but really isn't.

Cant imagine what those United guys thought when they started scheduled line flights in the 762.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've departed on every runway at SFO now but I still have yet to land on the the 10's or the 1's. I don't think the 1's have happened in a while.

I almost landed on the 10's once but by the time we made it back they had switched to the 19's

Burbank is usually land 8 depart 15 but I've landed on 33 once.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

The test pilot technique for the AOM is to flare to achieve a 500 fpm impact on the thousand footers. When you smack it on just smile and be proud that you’re just as great as the test pilot!

Back