Landing on the ammo ship.......

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
CH-46, 1992, USS Suribachi ammunition ship. Brought the crashed CH-46 back to port. Note in pic #1, the co-pilot (H2P) still strapped in, and the crew chief hanging by his gunner's belt over the water.

Sea_Knight_crash.jpg

suribachi-2.jpg

They should work for EVERYONE now - Ed

[ QUOTE ]
Thats all I see too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I'm looking at the pics now. Refresh maybe?

I don't see the pics, but I think it might be buno 151953, which is an HH-46D and belongs to my last command HC-6. I would have to see the pics to be sure.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, I always wondered why you had a "Jetphotos.net" Banner in your sig, Mike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's where I have the pics hosted through, but sometimes it's working, sometimes not.

Currently under repair........

If you have not seen the picture it shows a banner for Jetphotos, if you have seen the picture it will show. I also wondered why Mike was giving away advertising in his sig.

[ QUOTE ]
Right click on Mikes Banners copy and paste the route into tha address bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I think is somewhat amusing is that there's 13 posts already in this thread, all of which concern repair and no one's seen the original topic yet.

Frustrating....

I have seen it - if I was home I would happily host it - yet work gets in the way of another thing.
smile.gif

Okay got them. Yup thats 151953! Flown on it many a time.
Of course it's been patched up as good as new and is always dependable when needed

Screw that deathtrap (sorry h46bubba). Any aircraft that has a water physiology trainer (helo dunker) designed because of it.....

[ QUOTE ]
Okay got them. Yup thats 151953! Flown on it many a time.
Of course it's been patched up as good as new and is always dependable when needed

[/ QUOTE ]

I was taking off at Yuma, AZ in 96, and a Marine H-46 caught fire just as it was lifting off from the MCAS runway. They set the thing back on the deck, and egressed as the thing burnt to nothing.

Back