Land and hold short with a twist

Lee D

Here are some pics a friend forwarded to me of the Gibraltar airport. I did not know any major airport had LAHSO type ops that involved anything but aircraft. Though I doubt the aircraft are told to hold short of "highway 4" until the Fiat clears. This would make me very nervous as a pilot. Hopefully no one runs a red light. :) Yikes!

Attachments

• Gibralter 1.jpg
    Gibralter 1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 450
  • Gibralter 2.jpg
    Gibralter 2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 431
  • gibralter 3.jpg
    gibralter 3.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 424
  • Gibralter 4.jpg
    Gibralter 4.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 418
I've been there. Its pretty cool. Honestly I would be more worried about debri than cars. I intentionally looked for crap the peds dropped and there was quite a bit. I also watched a plane land and they never swept it, kind of intertesting I thought.

KSAN should still have the traffic light on Harbor Drive that traffic has to stop at for aircraft crossing Harbor Drive to/from the USCG Air Station.

KSAN should still have the traffic light on Harbor Drive that traffic has to stop at for aircraft crossing Harbor Drive to/from the USCG Air Station.

I've never noticed that! I'll have to look for it next time I'm on Harbor Drive - which may be this afternoon.

What's going on in the first picture? With the fighter jet and the pumpers? Is that an F-16? I can't see it very well.

Here are some pics a friend forwarded to me of the Gibraltar airport. I did not know any major airport had LAHSO type ops that involved anything but aircraft. Though I doubt the aircraft are told to hold short of "highway 4" until the Fiat clears. This would make me very nervous as a pilot. Hopefully no one runs a red light. :) Yikes!
Kbay has the same thing. However having landing in GIB before I can tell you there are no LHASO.... :) One thing that is interesting is the PAR to the runway is not straight in because of Spanish airspace, and you have to file an alternate in Portugal, not Spain. (Or at least you did in 1994).

Kbay has the same thing. However having landing in GIB before I can tell you there are no LHASO.... :) One thing that is interesting is the PAR to the runway is not straight in because of Spanish airspace, and you have to file an alternate in Portugal, not Spain. (Or at least you did in 1994).

I was going to say that, and I figured you had been there since you're a P-3 guy. My grandfather was an officer at Hickam so we spent a lot of time at Kaneohe. You had to cross the runway to get to their beach area. Pretty sweet!

I was going to say that, and I figured you had been there since you're a P-3 guy. My grandfather was an officer at Hickam so we spent a lot of time at Kaneohe. You had to cross the runway to get to their beach area. Pretty sweet!

. ACT ROADWAY CROS 5500' FR APCH END RWY 04, 2267' FR APCH END RWY 22.

IMHO Kbay is much prettier than Barbers, but Barbers was a hell of lot smarter of a field to work out of.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 120
It's still there, but they rarely use anymore, since they got rid of the Falcons.

Back