LaGuardia Makeover!

Anyone been in the US Airways Express "crew room" there? Talk about a dump. You have to exit the airport through a gate and walk across part of the ramp. Then under the terminal near the baggage drop off conveyor belt and a side door. Open it...and BAM! A tiny little room with a computer and sofa. Literally the size of a walk in closet. I was told it was because every other room was taken and that was all that was left. Tried taking a nap...but the ramp crew was throwing bags outside trying to be louder than the aircraft...

Plus the heat...and smell of jet fuel. I mean, the crew room was literally part of the ramp.

Anyways...I was based there and I changed bases mostly due to the unpleasantness of this airport. Hated it! Loved the city though!

Maybe the crew room is different now???

Really? You used to get to it from the doors next to the jetway doors at the gates on either side of the customer service desk. You'd end up in the hallway. There was never any part involving walking on the ramp or in the bag area.

Really? You used to get to it from the doors next to the jetway doors at the gates on either side of the customer service desk. You'd end up in the hallway. There was never any part involving walking on the ramp or in the bag area.
Two ways to get there. He talking about the one that would literally take you to the curb.

Needed, but what about Airside?

The lipstick won't help delays, jammed taxiways and backed up arrivals and departures.

The "sleep room" for eagle was closed due to bed bugs, so they use a room at a nearby hotel. There are mouse traps up and down the hallways. The paint is peeling off the walls, revealing layers and layers of previous paint (at least, in the American Airlines building). Whenever it rains, catch basins are strewn up and down hallways to catch the drops from the ceiling. The windows of the main terminal have the left behind residue of duct tape in big x's (I assume from the recent hurricane). I've seen signs giving warning of asbestos. The terminals are dark, dingy, have low ceilings, and are poorly lit. Delays are common, simply because the space available is totally insufficient for the amount of air traffic. No wifi, even in the crew rooms. Yup...it's a dump. That said, I did enjoy flying out of NYC and the controllers are top notch, but I am much happier living in base now.

I've only been the way I described. I worked for air whiskey so I'm not sure if it was just our room or all of airways express. Can't really remember. I just know it was a nightmarish walk to a bomb cellar of a room.

I've only been the way I described. I worked for air whiskey so I'm not sure if it was just our room or all of airways express. Can't really remember. I just know it was a nightmarish walk to a bomb cellar of a room.
Oh yea I forgot you guys had your own room.

It probably does not take a Terminal Rebuild to provide Wifi. I don't understand why the 'Capital of the World' can't do at least that. Oh and clean up the trash and give the rampers working headsets, etc etc etc.

You aren't a real airline pilot until you overnight at the LGA Clarion.
Doesn't beat having a conversation with the cp at 230am when I walked into my room there and right on the floor was a used prophylactic. Oh how I miss that parking garage/hotel.

About time.

Have you guys seen the plan for the new MSY terminal? To me it's just strange MSY, IND and RDU get these works of art terminals meanwhile PHL, LGA and LAX have these dumpy concourses. Shouldn't we update our oldest most used airports before we give some small town non-hub a terminal to rival the one in paris?

Back