Known Crewmember...

Holy crap. My dude! I’ve been pushing for years to get ribbons on pilot shirts. I mean if we have to wear the stupid thing let’s at least do it right.

I’m thinking we could have ribbons for various feats like perfect attendance, shooting a cat 3 approach, completing 100 overnights a year, and Chief Pilot’s appreciation.
525.jpg

Coming to a Capt upgrade class near you!

Clear is also available for $119/year for any Delta SkyMiles member or United MileagePlus member - both of which are free to sign up for if you don't already have an account. If you have any level of status other than Diamond/1K or even just one of the Delta/United credit cards, the price goes down to $109/year. If you are Diamond/1K, Clear's free - for now.

Not gonna lie, but it’s insanely easy to get the Delta employee rate if you work for one of their regional partners.

Their customer support is inept, but their system is easily gameable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are we included now with the new requirements?

KCM® Rules for Use are as follows:

KCM® Crewmember definition & requirements:

For the purpose of the KCM® Program, authorized crewmembers have been defined by the TSA as: Captains or Pilots in Command, First Officers or Co-Pilots, Flight Engineers, Flight Navigators, Flight Attendants and Load Masters for full all-cargo operations. No other individuals are allowed access in the KCM® program.

Are we included now with the new requirements?

KCM® Rules for Use are as follows:

KCM® Crewmember definition & requirements:

For the purpose of the KCM® Program, authorized crewmembers have been defined by the TSA as: Captains or Pilots in Command, First Officers or Co-Pilots, Flight Engineers, Flight Navigators, Flight Attendants and Load Masters for full all-cargo operations. No other individuals are allowed access in the KCM® program.
Would be nice for the commuters, but that list is still for those needing to fly for work. Not to it...

So I would have to go with dispatchers are still not able to get KCM.

Did (does) anyone do their annuals in a formal attire, or was (am) I just insane? It was always a sports coat and dress pants for the FAM ride, sometimes a tie if it was jumpseating on OAL. I'd do the trip home to Philly often enough that TSA at Term F knew me on a first name basis. Who needs KCM at that point? :)
I always wore a jacket and tie when doing FAM rides. For personal travel it was usually just shirt and tie. I've found that the better dressed you are, the better treatment you receive

As an “All Cargo Operator Dispatcher” I think we need to negotiate to be signed off as load masters as well so we can be added to KCM.

:stir:

It’s been a while since this has been brought up. Does anyone know if the ADF is actively trying to pursue this? I figure with all the mess that’s going on right now it’s probably still a very distant, or even unimaginable, dream.

I’ve recently been questioned by crews as to if we are apart of the program. Also seen a recent uptick in to the “why aren’t you going through KCM” or “the KCM line is over there” by TSA. I know I speak for a lot of my coworkers when I say it’s something we would love to see some action on, but also realize we ride a desk. One can only hope.

Just easier to go to Clear+PreCheck..Besides you would be forced to Precheck if you got randomed when going thru KCM.

I would really like to be able to bring a bottle of water or my own coffee when I go through security. Would probably save a fortune on not having to buy water every where I go.

Just go to pre-check. Between going to KCM, getting the "random" and then walking to the pre-check line anyway, it's a time saver.

I wish we could just publish and publicly shame the dorks bringing dumb things through KCM so we could self-police. But I think by this time next year it'll be on-duty flight crews only, if we still have it at all.

My KCM privileges start in a few weeks but lately I’m wondering why I’d bother trying. I have Clear and PreCheck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just go to pre-check. Between going to KCM, getting the "random" and then walking to the pre-check line anyway, it's a time saver.

I wish we could just publish and publicly shame the dorks bringing dumb things through KCM so we could self-police. But I think by this time next year it'll be on-duty flight crews only, if we still have it at all.

That doesn’t solve my water bottle and full size shampoo problem.

Back