Know before you launch!

Reading this made me think of the recent conversation that I had with a co-worker two weeks ago. That said flying over the Grand Canyon was illegal, because there is an Area 51 type super secret military testing facility there.

You're screwed now, just FYI......

Watch for the black Crown Vics to pull up.

Truth.

But then "SouthernJets 16 one zero thousand with Victor"

"X ray is now current"

*gets X*

*Only change is the observation time*

:)
Or:
...with victor.
Whiskeys current, advise when you have it.
We’re grabbing whiskey now
*atc proceeds to read whiskey on air*

Reading this made me think of the recent conversation that I had with a co-worker two weeks ago. That said flying over the Grand Canyon was illegal, because there is an Area 51 type super secret military testing facility there.

Well, there is that too :D

The biggest thing that caused us to chuckle on this one was how surprised he was that his Garmin wasn't going to somehow save the day. Typical reliance on technology to make it all right.

Truth.

But then "SouthernJets 16 one zero thousand with Victor"

"X ray is now current"

*gets X*

*Only change is the observation time*

:)

Or

"........... at one zero thousand with Bravo"

"Charlie is now current"

*Requests new ATIS through MCDU*

*Bravo prints out again*

unamused-face_1f612.png

That only tells the controller that you have the current wind, altimeter, and runway in use. Nothing on NOTAMs or advertised approaches.

Yes. I inevitably forget the ATIS name just as I'm keying up :)

Best though was controller asking a plane if he has information Papa for TUS. When the pilot answered yes, the controller said there's never information Papa at TUS. Lol

Yes. I inevitably forget the ATIS name just as I'm keying up :)

Best though was controller asking a plane if he has information Papa for TUS. When the pilot answered yes, the controller said there's never information Papa at TUS. Lol

There's an old joke

"N1234 advise when you have information bravo"
"We have bravo"
"Well Sierra is current so let me know when you really have it"

There's an old joke

"N1234 advise when you have information bravo"
"We have bravo"
"Well Sierra is current so let me know when you really have it"

At U90, it's actually true. TUS only has ATIS Alfa through Mike, while the adjacent DMA only has ATIS November thru Zulu. I don't know if that's widely known.

At U90, it's actually true. TUS only has ATIS Alfa through Mike, while the adjacent DMA only has ATIS November thru Zulu. I don't know if that's widely known.

I've heard that procedure used at other facilities too. Maybe GSO & INT.

Back