Kirby wants scope relief and United

Talked to one this morning, he says they'll go on strike if company tries to push anything over 76 seats to regionals

So I'm not an airline guy, but from what I gather, I feel like this makes no sense. The Scope is part of a contract, so the airline going outside scope would break the contract, no? A simple court injunction would fix that pronto, yes?

How could SKW announce new flying if United hasn't changed the scope requirements?

It's my understanding that the requirements of regional scope, limits the total fleet size of a regional to 450 aircraft. Right now SKW is at 400. 50 aircraft would be a huge increase. I don't think it would happen. It would be possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm not an airline guy, but from what I gather, I feel like this makes no sense. The Scope is part of a contract, so the airline going outside scope would break the contract, no? A simple court injunction would fix that pronto, yes?
Kirby is saying here that he thinks he can get the pilot group to relax scope and add more large RJs, since he's putting mainline aircraft back on mainline routes.
He wants a treat for doing something that should have been done in the first place. No treats, buy more NBs.

Correction, deferred to MAX orders. But it sure feels like they canceled them.

Because they really want CS100.

That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!

Imana give you his phone number and you gonna tell me when you gonna call him to 'splain this, I gots to be there with popcorn. Me (knowing how at least some parts of HQ think), you and him (30 yrs at UAL and religious ALPA) might all live in different worlds

I do, however, expect some fascinating stuff next couple of years because see above

Anybody who votes to allow expanded scope wasn't paying attention post 9/11 when thousands were furloughed as an armada of RJs darkened the skies replacing the DC9, F100, 737-200, Avro(BAe146), F28...

5b6aae078ae7a205e44f53b6691ea63e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in the 2000s it was a vicious circle. Need the jets to get the PIC time to get the major airline job.

Major airline outsources the jets to the regional, requiring fewer major pilots, extends retirement age, resulting in significantly lower recalls/hiring.

And that is why I am 44 years old still living in a commuter FO house with no toys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back in the 2000s it was a vicious circle. Need the jets to get the PIC time to get the major airline job.

Major airline outsources the jets to the regional, requiring fewer major pilots, extends retirement age, resulting in significantly lower recalls/hiring.

And that is why I am 44 years old still living in a commuter FO house with no toys.

But the good news is, there is now a ton of equity in that commuter FO house!

Had you stayed put at one of the many companies hired at you'd be in a lot better position. A sobering lesson for all of us in there.

Back