King Air In-house Training

DragonStar45

Stuck on the Left Seat
Owner says I will be trained in-house by a current C90 pilot. It will include training flights and a week of supervised flying to meet the insurance requirements. It is solely part 91, flying the owner to his factories and back. It is a PIC position. Is this legal?

z987k

Owner says I will be trained in-house by a current C90 pilot. It will include training flights and a week of supervised flying to meet the insurance requirements. It is solely part 91, flying the owner to his factories and back. It is a PIC position. Is this legal?
Why not? You can train in house on the airplane in any environment. It just tends to cost more.

JLF

How could it not be legal? Have fun, it's a simple airplane. Hopefully you've been reading up on systems and so forth. I just got back from C90 school the other day and flew about 6 hours in it the next day. This ol' girl I'm flying reminds me of a Seminole more than any jet I've flown. Slow and docile, but hey, burns Jet-A, pressurized, and has two spinny things so I'm good.

msw

How could it not be legal? Have fun, it's a simple airplane. Hopefully you've been reading up on systems and so forth.............
Yup, all legal. But get a set of FSI, SimCom or Simuflite C90 Training Manuals from someone and do yourself a favor and read em.

KingAir

I can hook you up with the Simcom King Air 90 Training Manual, for a nominal fee of course.
$60.00 plus shipping and handling. I also have the checklist available for $20.00.

Baronpilot244

Killick Stoker
You can get a systems manual on line for the airplane - its not really that hard to get the hang of.

Have fun - its a great entry level TP.

Bp244