King Air CFI in Saudi Arabia (500 in type) Looks like wx mod

wheelsup

Contract King Air Flight Instructor based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The contract is available through October 2009 (based on performance) with probable extension. This position includes flight/instrument instruction for King Air C90‘s and B200‘s.

The position will instruct Weather Modification pilots with varying abilities, who are rated in the aircraft. Starting salary for this position is $6,000 per month and is based on experience. $3,500 per diem will be paid monthly. This position offers medical/dental insurance after 6 months of employment, PTO, and bonuses after 6 and 12 months or employment. Housing will be paid for by the company.

To apply for this position visit our website at www.weathermod.com and click on Employment Opportunities.

• Must have a minimum of 500 hrs in King Airs - experience must be recent (in the past 6 months).
  • Must have previous flight instruction experience in multi-engine aircraft.
  • Must have current CFI/MEII

Not bad for $9500/month. Also I saw the company is also paying it's A&P mechanics $7000/month + $3500 per diem, so they make $12k/year more than the pilots :D. Also the A&P's get free housing, not sure if that is the case with the KA job.

Re: King Air CFI in Saudi Arabia (500 in type) Looks like wx

How's the cost of living over there? I'm a current B200/C90 check airman and this is appealing to me.

=Jason-

...The position will instruct Weather Modification pilots with varying abilities, who are rated in the aircraft. Starting salary for this position is $6,000 per month and is based on experience. $3,500 per diem will be paid monthly. This position offers medical/dental insurance after 6 months of employment, PTO, and bonuses after 6 and 12 months or employment. Housing will be paid for by the company.

...Not bad for $9500/month. Also I saw the company is also paying it's A&P mechanics $7000/month + $3500 per diem, so they make $12k/year more than the pilots :D. Also the A&P's get free housing, not sure if that is the case with the KA job.
It says in the ad that housing will be paid for.

That shows how closely I read the ad

That shows how closely I read the ad
Something about not having 500 in type that makes you just skim over it, right?!:bandit: I do the same thing...too often lately.

Well there's other costs like food, entertainment, transportation, things like this. Kinda comparing it to what I have right now in India. Where in the country is this based at? What vacation if any is the norm? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get some more info. I'm very interested in this and looks like I would be a great candiate for the job.

=Jason-

Well there's other costs like food, entertainment, transportation, things like this. Kinda comparing it to what I have right now in India. Where in the country is this based at? What vacation if any is the norm? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get some more info. I'm very interested in this and looks like I would be a great candiate for the job.

=Jason-
I totally understand. I was only responding to Wheelsup having a question about the ad he posted ;). Trust me, I am far away from home also. I know what you are asking, and have no idea of costs there.

I believe a J/C pilot here was flying that.

Im sure he will chime in soon and give details

I know someone living in KSA, outside Riyadh, in a company compound. Living in the "company town" makes it doable and is quite nice from the pix but it gets a bit confining over time.

KSA is a VERY oppressive society. If you had to live on the local scene, I can't imagine it. Maybe someone currently doing that can comment and give a bit of "local color". Maybe you'll get to see a public beheading...that'd be fun...:whatever:

I sent my friend some innocent stuff in the mail to a company address and it never arrived. I can only assume his mail was being intercepted and opened.

But, if the money is really good...

I know someone living in KSA, outside Riyadh, in a company compound. Living in the "company town" makes it doable and is quite nice from the pix but it gets a bit confining over time.

KSA is a VERY oppressive society. If you had to live on the local scene, I can't imagine it. Maybe someone currently doing that can comment and give a bit of "local color". Maybe you'll get to see a public beheading...that'd be fun...:whatever:

I sent my friend some innocent stuff in the mail to a company address and it never arrived. I can only assume his mail was being intercepted and opened.

But, if the money is really good...

A public beheading would actually be pretty cool. Something to tell the kids someday.

Here in India I've already seen like half a dozen dead guys either just on the street and I saw one mowed down by a bus. Its not so bad.

=Jason-

I just got an email form them, but it was blank. Any one else experience problems on the reply?

I got a reply email just stating that they recieved my resume.

=Jason-

A public beheading would actually be pretty cool. Something to tell the kids someday.
=Jason-

Yep, my source hasn't seen one yet but has been told that if you, as a gringo, attend, the locals will see that you get moved up to the front of the crowd to get the best possible view.

You know, an object lesson to show how misbehavior is dealt with in KSA. :crazy:

Yep, my source hasn't seen one yet but has been told that if you, as a gringo, attend, the locals will see that you get moved up to the front of the crowd to get the best possible view.

You know, an object lesson to show how misbehavior is dealt with in KSA. :crazy:

Best possible view without having to be on stage? :D

I currently work the line for the sister company/FBO to weather modification. Two new BE-200 GT's are currently being outfitted for weather mod and being sent to Saudi Arabia as soon as they are ready. Also, 3 new Hawker 400xp's are heading over there as soon as they are outfitted(I think one is already there). The Hawkers may have a different mission though. Several other planes are also based there already.

As far as I can tell weather mod is doing very well over there and has numerous other projects in the states. I'm not too familiar with how things are run at our overseas operations, and I don't work as a pilot, but from my experience I've been treated well, and everyone else seems to be as well. I have been told that there is almost never a shortage of applications from internal A&P's when positions open up overseas. So, people do show interest in going.

Car, In country phone for company use, housing,.... is all paid for. I hardly spent any of my perdiem. Just food really. Probably spent 6-800 per month on food eat out quite a bit. Cost of food is comparable to US. Compound is "ok" and has swimming pool, racket ball, tennis courts, full size gym, internet, and some TV.

Company is good. VP of ops is a super good guy.

Operation is both in Riyadh and Abha.

I went in with a TON of debt and came out with 30K of debt. I lasted close to 6 months, was all I could take. Even though I was only 4 months from being debt free, I had to get out of there. Saudi is....hard to explain. Short way of saying it is "unsustainable", at least for most people. There is a reason they pay so much, and that reason is the location. On the other hand, there are some pilots of there that have worked for the company for many many years.

And yes, you can go to Chop Chop square around noon if you want. I chickened out.

If you have any more questions just post em.

Car, In country phone for company use, housing,.... is all paid for. I hardly spent any of my perdiem. Just food really. Probably spent 6-800 per month on food eat out quite a bit. Cost of food is comparable to US. Compound is "ok" and has swimming pool, racket ball, tennis courts, full size gym, internet, and some TV.

Company is good. VP of ops is a super good guy.

Operation is both in Riyadh and Abha.

I went in with a TON of debt and came out with 30K of debt. I lasted close to 6 months, was all I could take. Even though I was only 4 months from being debt free, I had to get out of there. Saudi is....hard to explain. Short way of saying it is "unsustainable", at least for most people. There is a reason they pay so much, and that reason is the location. On the other hand, there are some pilots of there that have worked for the company for many many years.

And yes, you can go to Chop Chop square around noon if you want. I chickened out.

If you have any more questions just post em.

Hey can you throw in my resume for me? I think if I can withstand some of the things here in India, Saudi shouldn't be that bad.

=Jason-

Here in India I've already seen like half a dozen dead guys either just on the street and I saw one mowed down by a bus. Its not so bad.

=Jason-
Anytime a foreigner goes to chop chop square they push you to the front so you can really see it. I would advise against going there unless you're interested in arterial spray.

Back