king air 250 with pro line 21

I've found my C90B course at a place that rhymes with SchimSchom to be the opposite. Pre studying stuff I found on the interwebz helped me identify the 3,784 technical inaccuracies in the training manual and checklists that I was given.
Yikes :)

I've never trained with sim com or CAE, so I can't comment. I know FSI has transitioned to "need to know" to operate the plane- and moved away from "build" the plane. The PTM and such still dig down more than the courseware, and is more appropriate for study once you have the general theory in place.

People who prestudy sometimes seem to focus on the minute details that they think we will test them on, and sometimes lose the big picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know FSI has transitioned to "need to know" to operate the plane- and moved away from "build" the plane.
I recently did the B350 course at FSI and am in the middle of C90B. HUGE difference. The 350 is still a "build the plane" course and the 90 is a "need to know". As an a&p I still enjoy all the systems stuff, however the 90 course has left me several times wondering "dont i need to know this??".

Why the hell do I need to know how the magic happens with a prop governor system? Either it works, or it doesn't. Does the prop respond to me moving the lever? Yes? Great.

Why the hell do I need to know how the magic happens with a prop governor system? Either it works, or it doesn't. Does the prop respond to me moving the lever? Yes? Great.
Didn't you know you have to build a prop governor on every pre-flight? They only last one flight.

Back