king air 250 with pro line 21

Rumor has it I may be seeing the inside of one of these things in about 6 months. I can't even begin to tell you how unthrilled this makes me. Not enough that it's a King Air, noooooooo, it's a King Air with a freaking FMS! They're going to start putting Proline 21 on bigwheels next.

Rumor has it I may be seeing the inside of one of these things in about 6 months. I can't even begin to tell you how unthrilled this makes me. Not enough that it's a King Air, noooooooo, it's a King Air with a freaking FMS! They're going to start putting Proline 21 on bigwheels next.

What's wrong with a king air?

Oh, heavens, nothing! It's like a Harley: 1950s technology that you can have TODAY.

Seriously, ask a Maintainer. It's a Beech 18 with tinsel and lights.

Well the upside is that it continues to work well. Unless of course you just need that long vacation in the islands, waiting for parts.

I am the first in line for a PL21 conversion for my Toyota Corolla. It has synthetic vision and I will be able to spray paint my windows black.

Oh, heavens, nothing! It's like a Harley: 1950s technology that you can have TODAY.

Seriously, ask a Maintainer. It's a Beech 18 with tinsel and lights.

Well, there aren't exactly a lot of other choices in the twin turbine market these days, and they sure fly nice.

Better hope the nts works, and you don't lose an engine as you rotate....

Yeah it turns out you can (and are required to) test the NTS before takeoff. Takes all of like 5 seconds. I've flown a sort-of-kingair for about 800 hours (99) and a mitsi for about 1400 hours. I'll take the mitsi every day and twice on Sunday. Because it was designed in the 20th century and isn't essentially an oxcart with medieval bolt-on wings. :D

Boris do the mitsi's props get all beat by the gravel like the king air?
Probably not since they're not .0000001 inches off the ground.

I also loathe the king air after just a couple hundred in the commander. Give me ANYTHING but a pt6 and those barn doors of a wing.

Probably not since they're not .0000001 inches off the ground.

I also loathe the king air after just a couple hundred in the commander. Give me ANYTHING but a pt6 and those barn doors of a wing.
Bah, I heard you and @Boris Badenov were going to go in on a 99! An A model too!

I was thinking we'd go in on a Turboliner, but one without the tricycle convertion.
This thing??? :D -this is what THE google brings up
fc2c47ad176552b9296057fa0d06613d.jpg

Most people who try to do improvised self study prior to a school hours like FSI etc . Just end up unlearning a lot of what they thought they figured out. If your going to a school for it, check the school provided docs. Flight safety give you access online before your course etc.

I've found my C90B course at a place that rhymes with SchimSchom to be the opposite. Pre studying stuff I found on the interwebz helped me identify the 3,784 technical inaccuracies in the training manual and checklists that I was given.

Reactions: JLF
Back