KFAT to KBFL route question

Galaitoto

My clearance was KFAT FRAME EHF (VOR) KBFL direct. Once loaded into gps, between FRAME and EHF is V23. During that leg, the controller asked me why I was on V23. He asked me if I received that in my routing. I said no, but V23 is between the two fixes. He then said something but I was sorta confused, so I didn’t catch what he was saying although he then said I was fine where I was at. Anyone wanna load that route and see if you come up with what I did?

My clearance was KFAT FRAME EHF (VOR) KBFL direct. Once loaded into gps, between FRAME and EHF is V23. During that leg, the controller asked me why I was on V23. He asked me if I received that in my routing. I said no, but V23 is between the two fixes. He then said something but I was sorta confused, so I didn’t catch what he was saying although he then said I was fine where I was at. Anyone wanna load that route and see if you come up with what I did?

Looks like you are correct, your route clearance had you direct frame, direct EHF which was basically over V23. Sounds like home boy was confused.

Maybe worth a call to the facility to get a clarification.

I don't know the airspace but probably the controller wasn't familiar with the exact location of one or both of the fixes and didn't realize V23 was along the same route and thought you had been given a clearance different than what he showed.

FAT and BKL share a common airspace boundary , guess they dont learn their airspace anymore ........... i weep for the future.

559-255-5754 is what I have in my phone, that might be the tower but I'm sure they'd give you the phone number for the guys downstairs.
That’s the same number I called yesterday, keeps saying “you reached the tower after hours”

IMG_2831.PNG

Or, there was a discrepancy between what your route showed and your FP, and he was just clarifying.

What do I know, I'm just a drone pilot now.

559-255-5754 is what I have in my phone, that might be the tower but I'm sure they'd give you the phone number for the guys downstairs.

Fresno is a TRACAB, tower and approach control is one in the same. I used to be an ATC'er there but don't understand the problem. with V23.

Fresno is a TRACAB, tower and approach control is one in the same. I used to be an ATC'er there but don't understand the problem. with V23.
They have the option of working radar upstairs in the tower, but I doubt it's still a 24 hour tracab.

Fresno was the first time I got a frequency change, checked in with departure and heard the same voice again as the guy who cleared me for takeoff.

Blew my mind I tell you.

Back