Kalitta ceasing 767 operations

“ the pilots voted for the contract so we’re not looking at any changes.”
That’s paraphrasing our management’s perspective. They don’t think anything needs to change, but we can’t gain any pilots due to attrition.
F71A9605-B485-4A56-8B1E-26DF0ABF2919.gif

There really is no truer meme for our operation right now. I like(d) how they treated us at the beginning, but it is becoming more and more inhospitable. I’m hoping they see the light soon.

We literally had a 76 bid close on 30 Dec for captains. How, less than a month later, are we getting rid of the fleet??? It’s crazy.
Bummer, I used to read good things about them.

The best thing I can give you in that case is text for a generic recall petition.

Copy and paste, madlibs the heck out of the blank spots, and send it for inclusion in the next LEC meeting. Then make a lot of phone calls: (Incumbents tend to stack meetings)

Don't be surprised if suddenly you become a rep after doing all that work. Volunteerism is rewarding.

No rep is a true rep until they have had at least one recall attempt on their resume.

Literally cannot please everyone.

That said, I doubt a better contract would help retain the 767s if the margins are already low.

Also why I never wanted to put a large chunk of my eggs in the DHL basket. That flying can be just an chaotic as the regionals. Whipsaws and all.

Last edited:
Is it still doom and gloom at Kalitta? Thinking about there or Atlas in the future. Wondered if anyone had a pulse on whats going on.

Is it still doom and gloom at Kalitta? Thinking about there or Atlas in the future. Wondered if anyone had a pulse on whats going on.
It’s not doom and gloom, but the pilot group isn’t happy still. Of course, with FedEx stopping hiring, and possibly UPS doing the same, we might stop hemorrhaging people. Management is waiting for the bleeding to stop vs taking proactive measures.

Feel free to pm and I’ll be happy to chat with you.

Stone Cold knows what he's talking about. Even our January company news letter / pep talk had a quick blurb from ol' Pete S, editorializing about the rough road behind us and the rougher road ahead (paraphrasing). For better or worse, Kalitta management is riding the brakes and banking on an economic meltdown to fix their attrition problems - in all departments, not just the pilots. At least I hear less blather on the line nowadays about all the money they're gonna make when their competitors collapse. A few folks were getting a little big for their britches at the peak of Covid.

If your search is narrowed to those two carriers, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have on PMs as well. I'm another Kalitta guy, but I know enough Atlas folks to be able to compare and contrast a little bit.

Back