Kalitta Air Hiring

Would it be okay to apply just before graduation from school??
You can, but, honestly, you’re going to be going against probably hundreds that have experience and their certificate, so don’t get your hopes up. One of the questions I believe is do you hold a valid certificate, so that may be a problem unless you lie.

Just want to set realistic expectations.

Connie is a good gig if you can get it. Having worked a few years in the Supplemental/Flag pax & cargo world, I can honestly say that having a 747 carrying a full load of US DoD cargo and holding for weather over a not-so-friendly country really gets the pucker going. And, oh, the stories you can tell.

You can, but, honestly, you’re going to be going against probably hundreds that have experience and their certificate, so don’t get your hopes up. One of the questions I believe is do you hold a valid certificate, so that may be a problem unless you lie.

Just want to set realistic expectations.
Gotcha.

Was supposed to graduate tomorrow but got diagnosed with COVID so that has been pushed back to the end of next month. Just wanted to see if it was possible to try and get in or if I need to look at other lines of work until the industry has recovered. I figured 5+ years of operations experience between a cargo and one of the big 3 might help but now that a bunch of regionals are closing, probably not even close.
Thanks!

Gotcha.

Was supposed to graduate tomorrow but got diagnosed with COVID so that has been pushed back to the end of next month. Just wanted to see if it was possible to try and get in or if I need to look at other lines of work until the industry has recovered. I figured 5+ years of operations experience between a cargo and one of the big 3 might help but now that a bunch of regionals are closing, probably not even close.
Thanks!
If you have your certificate, apply. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.

If you have your certificate, apply. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I have three weeks left of the 5 week class. (#rona) I get to join the class on 9.7 so if its still opened around that time I will 100% put in for it. Thank you all for the responses!

So since Kalitta doesn’t seem to put up new postings, and just keeps the old one up indefinitely, is there something people need to do to express continued interest so they can compete with those just applying now? I have a few friends interested (don’t we all) but they applied a while back and can’t put in a new application since it says they already applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So since Kalitta doesn’t seem to put up new postings, and just keeps the old one up indefinitely, is there something people need to do to express continued interest so they can compete with those just applying now? I have a few friends interested (don’t we all) but they applied a while back and can’t put in a new application since it says they already applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've mentioned this to my boss. The only thing I can suggest is using a different email address.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

The number of times seeing either this thread revived, or another thread made, regarding a Kalitta FF position has me raise an eyebrow. Is it the hired, or the hiring...?

Stupid question, but are the flight followers in CASS? Not looking to move to DTW, but would be willing to commute...

The number of times seeing either this thread revived, or another thread made, regarding a Kalitta FF position has me raise an eyebrow. Is it the hired, or the hiring...?
Not sure what you mean. This is for the 3rd class we are running this year.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

Stupid question, but are the flight followers in CASS? Not looking to move to DTW, but would be willing to commute...

Commuting as a probationary employee during a pandemic when flights could cancel at a moments notice or you get slapped with a quarantine...that’s a bold strategy Cotton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back