Just some advice...

Give me a break guys. There are a lot of people who say they "do" HR because they think anyone can do it without any training, professional affiliation or means to know, let alone keep up with all the past, current and pending legislation, regulations, opinion letters, executive orders or court decisions.

I hate the broad brush. Just like there are pilots who are jerks and unprofessional, there are "HR" practitioners who are not professionals in HR and are jerks. Jerks are everywhere.

But just like most of the pilots I know are great people and professionals, most HR people I know are the same.

http://www.fastcompany.com/53319/why-we-hate-hr

Something I came across among many others both pro and con in my research. I wouldn't say anything is wholly good or bad. I do think though that corporate and PC culture is largely ridiculous b.s. and have strong opinions on jobs like HR that do not MAKE anything or provide a real service to the public.

I also researched jobs with the highest turnover rates and those with the lowest. Pay ranges from very high to very low with those companies that have the highest turnover rate. The only constants are the companies with the lowest turnover rates (which have moderate median salaries) have a higher median age. I also saw studies on the effectiveness of HR based on numbers rather than opinions like the link I posted. I tend to think HR is not AS necessary as those in the field would lead us to believe and I don't feel like there are many outside the field who would disagree with that.

http://www.fastcompany.com/53319/why-we-hate-hr

Something I came across among many others both pro and con in my research. I wouldn't say anything is wholly good or bad. I do think though that corporate and PC culture is largely ridiculous b.s. and have strong opinions on jobs like HR that do not MAKE anything or provide a real service to the public.

I also researched jobs with the highest turnover rates and those with the lowest. Pay ranges from very high to very low with those companies that have the highest turnover rate. The only constants are the companies with the lowest turnover rates (which have moderate median salaries) have a higher median age. I also saw studies on the effectiveness of HR based on numbers rather than opinions like the link I posted. I tend to think HR is not AS necessary as those in the field would lead us to believe and I don't feel like there are many outside the field who would disagree with that.
You are so wrong but I am laughing too hard to reply in any detail. Besides, you are biased and don't care about the truth!

I will put you on my ignore list because, not only are you ignorant of facts but you lack social skills and emotional intelligence. Good luck in your career and don't ask for resume or other assistance from me (since I am worthless according to you).

Thanks, she did ask me, and I was honest telling her that I planned the Google Maps ETA+20, but it didn't work out due to what I assume was an accident bottle necking traffic when I was about 2 exits away. It was clear she thought I should have arrived an hour early or so just in case, no sympathy from her. Not that I really expected any.

Yeah, I tend to side with her on that one. Google maps +20 is way too late. I'm hyper anal about time though. I arrive 20 early for a normal everyday appointment, and if I HAVE to be somewhere I'm at least 45 early. I arrived at my JetBlue interview at 7:30 for an 8:45 interview time.

The other misnamed docs thing, that's some BS. Set your people up for success. Trust me, even with clear and concise directions there are plenty of people willing to demonstrate their lack of attention to detail.

You are so wrong but I am laughing too hard to reply in any detail. Besides, you are biased and don't care about the truth!

I will put you on my ignore list because, not only are you ignorant of facts but you lack social skills and emotional intelligence. Good luck in your career and don't ask for resume or other assistance from me (since I am worthless according to you).

Good thing you're in Human Resources. You're obviously a level-headed and rational person.

I quite obviously did not say what you alledge, but feel free to do what you need to.

This person has ignored me, BUT for those watching I:

1) posted a link.

2) stated I do not deal in absolutes.

3) stated an opinion about culture.

4) stated the fact that HR departments to not create a product or service that directly serves customers, a fact which admittedly colors my opinion of the profession.

5) stated other facts about companies salaries and retention.

And finally,

6) stated my opinion that HR is not "AS" necessary as those in the business would lead us to believe.

This person is very obviously IN the HR profession and from my post decided that I:

1) am biased and care nothing for the "truth".

2) am "ignorant of facts".

3) lack social skills.

4) lack emotional intelligence.

5) and believe they are worthless (something I never even hinted at).

This attitude seems to be common among people telling other people who should be hired and who has value to a certain company, and this poster has done a very good job of demonstrating what I would not have been able to with my limited social skills.

Luckily I have had little occasion to deal with this kind of pettiness and immaturity in my professional life inside and out of aviation.

If blocking me was a bluff and you are actually reading this, please don't concern yourself too much about my career or if I will someday require your resume expertise. For all of my admitted shortcomings I've somehow gotten through life so far without anyone taking too long a glance at my resume(instead relying on personal relationships), and I guess there are enough Neanderthals out there who are able to look past my woefully lacking personality.

Back