Just Ordered the I-Phone 3G S!

germb747

I had decided to skip the 2nd generation phone and just keep my legacy I-Phone, because I knew that as soon as I ordered the I-Phone 3G, they'd announce a much better version. Anyway, this one has a video camera and hopefully is much faster and more capable at 32GB. We'll see!

I heard yesterday that their pre-order inventory had run out. Did they still tell you that you would get it on opening day?

not trying to rain on your party but i owned an iphone for 9 months and it just didnt get me off.

but it obviously has something people like, considering the volume it sells. i just had to go back to the treo. the iphone just seems eye candy to me.

I'm trying to find a way to get a 3G S phone to replace my current 3G, but we'll see how successful that is...

not trying to rain on your party but i owned an iphone for 9 months and it just didnt get me off.

but it obviously has something people like, considering the volume it sells. i just had to go back to the treo. the iphone just seems eye candy to me.

I have never had a phone "get me off", maybe I should look into one of these Treo's. Do they have a non-stick coating?? :crazy:

And, I think the OP knows what an iPhone will do for him, having owned one for 2 years.

I could be wrong...but isn't a lot of the stuff that's neat about the next iPhone going to be available to 2nd gen owners when the software update is released?

Yup, I think except for that Nike shoe thing that six people use and the magnatometer which would be hella convenient when I'm trying to find a watering hole: "Lemme walk down this street a bit and see what direction we're heading first..."

Wow you can get a magnetometer? Damn just think...iPhone could be the next major system for the US Navy in ASW!

Or whatever that thing is that serves as a compass, I can't remember what it's called. I'll have to check apple.com.

Ok, they're just calling it a digital compass.

I did kind of like the app that told you what radial and DME you were from a VOR. Even came with an OBS so you could impress your friends with pilot crap.

I still don't understand how they can make Nike+ work with a dongle attached to the iPod nano from 2 generations ago, but not with the first gen iPhone or iPhone 3G. That's the only thing that has ever given me any motivation to run.

I ordered the 3GS too. I spent a little bit playing with the 3G yesterday at the Apple Store and am glad I'm leaving the BlackBerry family. The functionality is so much better.

Back