Just curious...

Ok thanks for the advice! However as i said before i do not know exactley when i want to start my "JOURNEY" Weather it be in high school, Or as i am considering going to college to do my training. Another thing. What are your thaughts on ATP? I have talked with a few people who went there and they said it was a BLAST. Currentley they all hold jobs at the regional level. When or how i begin my journey. I will definatley be sure to enjoy it.

My advice would be forget about ATP for now. Try to go to college (on a football scholarship hopefully:)) and study something you're ineterested in. Remember a high school diploma is not enough these days. A degree is the new high school diploma! Most good paying aviation jobs require a college degree also.

The best advice I can give you is to stick around here and do your research. Don't get bogged down in all the doomsday post, but make sure you are paying attention to the information that the members are giving you. There is a lot of good information on here. It may not always be what you want to here, but atleast you'll know what you're getting yourself into.:)

There is plenty of research out there on ATP - search the forums, you'll find quite a bit of good info. Originally, I had planned on going there, but decided to get my PPL first, outside of ATP, to make sure that I really wanted to fly pro. I was pleased at what I found and glad I didn't go.

Opinions vary about ATP - we have some very successful ATP grads around here, and there are also a few people who are not fans of ATP. Make your own decision on what's right for you.

Personally, though - I would give careful consideration to one thing: hiring is not really going on right now - you can get all your ratings quickly there, but there isn't much of a reason to train quickly to that level if there is no job for you to pick up, y'know?

Ask lots of questions, use the search feature. You'll be fine.
Thank you for all of the help. I have one question however. While at ATP do you also get your CFI license? Since obviousley the airlines are not hiring. It would be nice to have my CFI and possibly get a job as a CFI to get my hours up, And to be able to make money as well.

My advice would be forget about ATP for now. Try to go to college (on a football scholarship hopefully:))
LOL i wish that i could go on a football scolarship! But who knows. Anything can happen Right? I was thinking about going to community college for two years and getting my core classes done. Then going to another college to finish out my bachelors dagree. After that then i was thinking about ATP. but i am still not sure what i am going to do

LOL i wish that i could go on a football scolarship! But who knows. Anything can happen Right? I was thinking about going to community college for two years and getting my core classes done. Then going to another college to finish out my bachelors dagree. After that then i was thinking about ATP. but i am still not sure what i am going to do

You don't have to know what you're going to do now. Relax. Finish high school and get your private. Those should be the only things you should be worrying about.

That, and girls. Lotsa girls.

I didn't start thinking about flying seriously until I was over 30. Same for a lot of guys around here. Don't worry about what it's gonna look like in 5-10 years.
:)

You don't have to know what you're going to do now. Relax. Finish high school and get your private. Those should be the only things you should be worrying about.

That, and girls. Lotsa girls.

I didn't start thinking about flying seriously until I was over 30. Same for a lot of guys around here. Don't worry about what it's gonna look like in 5-10 years.
:)
Ok well thanks for all of the advice!:D

Back