Just A Controllers Opinion

Since when did 9 years become equivilent to a MS? The military pumps out tons of retards, because thats where they go since they can't get into college.

No, they join the military to get the government to pay for their college. So who's the retard now?

I just checked your profile too and you have "Circuit City Audio Supervisor" listed as your occupation. Sounds like you're on top of things. Did you go to college for that?:rotfl:

HD

Since when did 9 years become equivilent to a MS? The military pumps out tons of retards, because thats where they go since they can't get into college.

1st.
I hope you read the original post by the guy that this post was in response too. He tried make it sound as if his M.S. made him more qualified than the guy off the street when it actually came down to the job...

2nd.
Its called :sarcasm:. He was making the point that your level of education doesnt matter to your co-workers and supervisors....It's, can you do the JOB? Not, Look what I did before the job.

3rd.
I joined the Marines out of high school and have a B.A. in Education from the University of Wyoming. Am I a retard? You don't know my reasons for serving.

:laff: your post makes me sick
and chicks dig Marines...

OK there, John Kerry. I've never been in the military, but I do have a profound respect for the people who serve our country--and protect your right to say ignorant stuff like that...:crazy:

1. I am a disabled Veteran of the United States Marine Corps.

2. I can solve any Rubik's Cube made and a couple of others.. (i.e. the Megaminx and Square-1 cubes)

3. College will be there for the rest of my life (i'm in it right now actually)

4. Please save yourself from yourself, and go back to college you ARROGANT BASTARD.

:) Kthx

Ohh, I think you hit a sore spot here!

I would check what you say before it ever leaves your mouth, with an attitude like that you will never get anywhere in life.

But what do I know, I am just a retard that couldn't get into College and spent 6.5 years in the Air Force, But I have a Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering (for those of us that are retarded here: that's a "Rocket Scientist"), A Bachelors in Airport Development, and an Associates in Aircraft Maintenance. All of which the Air Force payed for

No, they join the military to get the government to pay for their college. So who's the retard now?

I just checked your profile too and you have "Circuit City Audio Supervisor" listed as your occupation. Sounds like you're on top of things. Did you go to college for that?:rotfl:

HD

BURN!!! Nice...

looks real bad with the review board compared to that Circut City job you hold...Thanks for making me look good.

I agree that was a tasteless remark he made. You guys are completely justified for being offended.

But before this gets any worse, don't forget that there are a few of us on here who hold "regular" jobs and would prefer not to be insulted as well.
We all understand we're not going to be as considered on the same level as the military applicants, but there are still a few of us giving it a shot anyways.
Just saying, I see this one really lighting up.

The people in the military are just people too. Some of them are intelligent and used the time to learn and deserve preference points, others used the military as a social program because they wanted out of mommy and daddy's house and couldn't figure out what else to do. Nobody should be putting down the military, but nobody needs to be "holier than thou" about it either. People from all walks of life deserve the chance to prove themselves and people from all walks of life can be idiots. This conversation just started generalizing way too much from both sides of the aisle.

P.S. I feel the same way about college, so the people who think only mental giants attend college and only mental midgets don't are mistaken as well.

I agree that was a tasteless remark he made. You guys are completely justified for being offended.

But before this gets any worse, don't forget that there are a few of us on here who hold "regular" jobs and would prefer not to be insulted as well.
We all understand we're not going to be as considered on the same level as the military applicants, but there are still a few of us giving it a shot anyways.

I meant no offense to you or the average joe.. Mr. Bucket.... Its all good :nana2:

I personally am not trying to turn this into a "military is better than civilian" argument and I don't think any of my fellow veterans are either. Before we all joined the military we had "regular" jobs too. I chose to attack his position at Circuit City because he labeled me as a "retard" yet he wants MY job (the one the AF trained me to do:D). The guys a wacko for sure.

HD

I personally am not trying to turn this into a "military is better than civilian" argument and I don't think any of my fellow veterans are either. Before we all joined the military we had "regular" jobs too. I chose to attack his position at Circuit City because he labeled me as a "retard" yet he wants MY job (the one the AF trained me to do:D). The guys a wacko for sure.

HD
Correct. Very uncalled for. I don't get the mindset behind statements like that.

I don't think I would ever join any form of the military but I have the upmost respect for those that do.

I don't think I would ever join any form of the military but I have the upmost respect for those that do.

Hey, No worries. I will be the first to admit that the Military is not for everyone. But for me, It was with out a doubt the best thing I could have ever done.

And on a side note, I did/do not want anyone to think that I think anyone in the military is better than any regular joes. far from it. Everyone does different things in our lives because we are all different and no one is better than anyone else becuase of it. However, Mikelso went to far when he generalized all the military as being retards.....

HAHAHAHA wow you guys sure blew that one out of proportion. And yes I do work at Circuit City.. not as a car audio sup any more.. but thats nor here nor there. OH.. and instead they pay for my schooling...

that was a good burn though :laff:

However, Mikelso went to far when he generalized all the military as being retards.....

Dude.. no where in my post did I say that ALL the military was retarded, and I sincerely apologize if it was taken that way. My comment wasn't to offend or insult anyone on the board. I was trying to make a point that in most cases 9 years of PLAIN military experience doesn’t equate to a MS. I think the Armed Forces are an excellent resource for people to get their education paid for and to get viable work experience. However, the author of the first post made it sound as though his experience (and his experience alone) in the military was equivalent to a masters degree... that’s what I was disagreeing with.

Back