Just A Controllers Opinion

Dude.. no where in my post did I say that ALL the military was retarded, and I sincerely apologize if it was taken that way. My comment wasn't to offend or insult anyone on the board. I was trying to make a point that in most cases 9 years of PLAIN military experience doesn’t equate to a MS. I think the Armed Forces are an excellent resource for people to get their education paid for and to get viable work experience. However, the author of the first post made it sound as though his experience (and his experience alone) in the military was equivalent to a masters degree... that’s what I was disagreeing with.

Well, Considering, nothing but my Military Experience Got me a Associates in 2 years and earning my E-5 and 7-level (that is my job profficiency level) got me my Bachelors Degree in Maintenance Management (and no I did not include that one in my previous post on this thread, but I do have it) in 3.5 years, with out stepping foot in a class room outside of the military, just took a couple of CLEPS..... I would say that 9 years in the Air Force would be pretty dang close to a masters at least.....

I guess I should Clearify. In the Air Force, I can't speak for the Other Branches, every singles Class that we take, from boot camp, to our Job Training, to recurrent training, to onetime upgrade training, to training required for Promotions (Management Training) is a College Accredited Course. Meaning that you take you training certificates to a college and they give you transfer credits for the training you did. When I Got my scholarship to come to School to finish my Engineering degree, I took my certificates and brought them to my school and you want to know how many credits I recieved...... from just the Air Force Training, I got 196 credits, that did not include the CLEPS I had taken. A normal bachelors requires between 130 - 160 credits.

That was after only 6 years, just think of what he could have done in 9 years.

Well my good sir. I do stand corrected. Usually i'm the 1st to admit I'm wrong.. but unfortunatly in this case I'm about the 30th. Apparently I'm the retard. :cwm27:

Once again.. I do appologize to any person I offended, on or off the board. It was not typed in hatred or out of spite towards anyone who is/has/or going to serve in the military.

I guess I should Clearify. In the Air Force, I can't speak for the Other Branches, every singles Class that we take, from boot camp, to our Job Training, to recurrent training, to onetime upgrade training, to training required for Promotions (Management Training) is a College Accredited Course. Meaning that you take you training certificates to a college and they give you transfer credits for the training you did. When I Got my scholarship to come to School to finish my Engineering degree, I took my certificates and brought them to my school and you want to know how many credits I recieved...... from just the Air Force Training, I got 196 credits, that did not include the CLEPS I had taken. A normal bachelors requires between 130 - 160 credits.

That was after only 6 years, just think of what he could have done in 9 years.

WOW. Thats quite an acchievement. I'm now working on my second bachelors degree and its taken me much longer. I wish a few of my friends and family members had taken advantage of those opprotunities when they served.

Dude.. no where in my post did I say that ALL the military was retarded, and I sincerely apologize if it was taken that way. My comment wasn't to offend or insult anyone on the board. I was trying to make a point that in most cases 9 years of PLAIN military experience doesn’t equate to a MS. I think the Armed Forces are an excellent resource for people to get their education paid for and to get viable work experience. However, the author of the first post made it sound as though his experience (and his experience alone) in the military was equivalent to a masters degree... that’s what I was disagreeing with.

Mr. League was being sarcastic in response to a thread called Just an OTS's opinion that was deleated after the thread was hijacked by marriage proposals or something... Just as well...the Ots's opinion was garbage...and just about everyone agreed.

you missed that...

In no way does he truely feel that his 9 years of service = an MS.....

I would argue that his 32 years of experience starting as a military controller...working his way up as a terminal controller...and finishing his career as an enroute controller...makes him about as much as an expert in this field as any person with a masters in another "educated" field...

It was the OTS poster that made his Masters Degree out to be some sort of validation as to why he could step in and work level 12 traffic on day 1.

Mr. Leagues point was....in the real world of busy atc... No one cares what you have done in the past...its all about what can you do for me now..... but again you missed that.

anyways...Blaaaaaaaaaaah Blaaaaaaaaaaaah Blaaaaaaaaah:rawk:

No you won't. He didn't get picked for the Feb announcement & he didn't apply to the 2nd or 3rd one. You'll probably be well out of OKC & into your facility if/when he gets hired.

True, but I can always go to circuit city, and ask for some "supervisor assistance" getting a heavy tv down from the top shelf.

Back