JSX

Eh, maybe. I actually believe that CA-HSR will achieve some sort of operational 'as-designed' capability in the next 15 or so years.

(even if the interoperability compromises with CalTrain make me laugh)
I can see that working. But not one all the way to Seattle.

There shouldn't be an airplane involved for this trip.

Oh yeah, I could ride the high-speed rail we don’t have! LOL

The choice is the death trap that Highway 93 is or AA/SW. The death trap is actually a better choice between the two cities because it frees up my schedule.

The choice is the death trap that Highway 93 is or AA/SW. The death trap is actually a better choice between the two cities because it frees up my schedule.
And who doesn't love roadtrip snacks.

*laughs nervously in 11 daily flights between sea and sfo*
2 hour flight? Count me in the never going to exit an airport and take a train for a flight that is over an hour vs connect group. If I wasn't connecting and it was 1 leg, I'd only take the train over flying to SEA if it was within an hour or so of my ultimate time spent regardless of how cheap it was. Because time and effort. If I feel like this as a liberal person from SF, there must be many others lol. With Clear+TSA precheck and SFO and most other airports having connected sterile areas now, I usually show up within 20-30 mins of doors closed and it feels rather hassle-free honestly. That is a perk the public has as well, if they want it. I think trains should be around as a viable option, I don't think we'd all use them if flying saved time. I like airplanes, can't change my mind there hippies.

I’m the weirdo that takes the 89 through Prescott to avoid the death trap that the 93 is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ran across this FB post, thought it might be pertinent:

IMG_0850.jpeg

So we all agree that the ATP requirement helped out the regionals and the airline industry as a whole when it came to overall compensation, right? Seems like JSX is trying to get around all of that…

So we all agree that the ATP requirement helped out the regionals and the airline industry as a whole when it came to overall compensation, right? Seems like JSX is trying to get around all of that…
The R-ATP came about cause of a crash and the feeling that regional F/O's should have more experience. Did the regionals boost pay right after that. Not that I remember. Supply and demand post covid is what forced the regionals to raise pay cause they couldn't retain pilots due to everyone leaving for the majors.

Back