JSX

HJB

The unintended implication is now all 135 operators are having their name checks done by TSA rather than operators themselves. Delays have increased while awaiting TSA to complete their checks even for a single pax on a Phenom 135 flight.

The unintended implication is now all 135 operators are having their name checks done by TSA rather than operators themselves. Delays have increased while awaiting TSA to complete their checks even for a single pax on a Phenom 135 flight.

It may make those pop-up trips a lot more difficult for those flying 135. That may not be such a bad thing.

Flying, essentially, right out of my backyard (SCF) to Las Vegas or California sounds like a dream. The idea of driving to Sky Harbor and dealing with one of the two dominant carriers to only fly 45 minutes, actually pushes against the ‘total block time’ of just driving to LAS.

Flying, essentially, right out of my backyard (SCF) to Las Vegas or California sounds like a dream. The idea of driving to Sky Harbor and dealing with one of the two dominant carriers to only fly 45 minutes, actually pushes against the ‘total block time’ of just driving to LAS.

They've found a nice niche in the market. Delta has investments in wheels up. There is nothing stopping them from creating a bit of competition in the market. Now that would be interesting!

They've found a nice niche in the market. Delta has investments in wheels up. There is nothing stopping them from creating a bit of competition in the market. Now that would be interesting!
WUP is not doing well and is actively executing mass layoffs. Don't see DAL staying long in this game or if they do, at the current scale.

"Wheels Up reported a $487 million loss last year, and a $97 million shortfall in the first quarter. In April, the company consolidated maintenance facilities, closing its repair bases in Broomfield, Colorado, and Cincinnati."

Never heard of this. I googled it and didn't come up with much. Does the TSA do some sort of remote pax name screen prior to boarding when you're at an FBO?

WUP is not doing well and is actively executing mass layoffs. Don't see DAL staying long in this game or if they do, at the current scale.

"Wheels Up reported a $487 million loss last year, and a $97 million shortfall in the first quarter. In April, the company consolidated maintenance facilities, closing its repair bases in Broomfield, Colorado, and Cincinnati."

Oh I know. Maybe changing their business model to match JSX may save them though.

Yeah. I always liked JSX business model. If they had a part time flight crew option I'd consider flying for them. They seem to be pretty successful and their cliental is happy with the product. I don't have a lot of hope they will survive with the pressure the majors are putting on shutting them down.

Never heard of this. I googled it and didn't come up with much. Does the TSA do some sort of remote pax name screen prior to boarding when you're at an FBO?

Much of how the sausage is made at TSA isn’t on the internet, but yes - there is a passenger screening process like 121, except for the x-ray & metal detectors.

Yeah. I always liked JSX business model. If they had a part time flight crew option I'd consider flying for them. They seem to be pretty successful and their cliental is happy with the product. I don't have a lot of hope they will survive with the pressure the majors are putting on shutting them down.

They have a great niche. If the airlines are worried about SCF-LAS, they really need to worry about I-8 and eventually high speed rail

They have a great niche. If the airlines are worried about SCF-LAS, they really need to worry about I-8 and eventually high speed rail

I haven’t flown JSX since they moved to KSDL but they were always my go to for LAS and BUR when they were at PHX. I wouldn’t even bother with WN or AA. Those extra few minutes at home with the kid were worth it vs dealing with T4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I haven’t flown JSX since they moved to KSDL but they were always my go to for LAS and BUR when they were at PHX. I wouldn’t even bother with WN or AA. Those extra few minutes at home with the kid were worth it vs dealing with T4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I have a 1500 flight, I leave the house at 1300 to allow for moderate traffic, parking and security which will get to me the gate 60 mins prior fairly consistently, an hour-ish flight, 20 minutes to get from the terminal to outside, another 15 minute waiting on an Uber, if I’m lucky and a 15 minute ride to the strip.

Absolute minimum four hour block time.

Driving is a little over five, door to door.

Using Scottsdale Airpark almost halves that time.

There shouldn't be an airplane involved for this trip.

This! Speaking of, they are actually breaking ground in a few weeks for the Vegas to Victorville / L.A. high speed rail. That will scramble up basically every airline operating out of LAS. I hate that drive through the desert on 15 and stopped doing it years ago.

Last edited:
Back