JSX ?

SFLAX

Random...are they CASS and could someone who works there tell me who they have JS agreements with?

They are CASS and have jumpseat agreements with JetBlue, Spirit, Frontier, FedEx, Allegiant, a few of the regionals (CommutAir, ExpressJet, Republic), some ACMI and a bunch of smaller carriers. On the flip side anyone in CASS can jumpseat on them without the need for a reciprocal agreemenet, just come to the lounge and list with the check-in agent. The only exception is SNA where we can't accept jumpseaters to or from, including our own employees, because of yearly passenger count restrictions. The county considers jumpseaters towards the yearly passenger totals.

Last edited:
They are CASS and have jumpseat agreements with JetBlue, Spirit, Frontier, FedEx, Allegiant, a few of the regionals (CommutAir, ExpressJet, Republic), some ACMI and a bunch of smaller carriers. On the flip side anyone in CASS can jumpseat on them without the need for a reciprocal agreemenet, just come to the lounge and list with the check-in agent. The only exception is SNA where we can't accept jumpseaters to or from, including our own employees, because of yearly passenger count restrictions. The county considers jumpseaters towards the yearly passenger totals.

They also where caught (a while back) utilizing the jumpseat to position crews. I know there was brief talk of banning them here, but it got sorted out.

Not everyone here is airline, so wtf is “JSX”?
That's the actual name of the carrier. Scheduled Part 135 operating EMB-135 and 145s on the west coast. It used to be called JetSuiteX but was re-branded as JSX last year

I stopped paying attention, I suppose - what happened to the rest of that outfit?

Jet Suite went bankrupt and shut down about a month ago.

Jet Suite X had a official name change to JSX.

Word on the street is it’s very frowned upon to call JSX JetSuite in a interview. Like that one Air Line.

Theyre also incapable of flying published speeds lol. Every single one, every single flight "Hey can we go fast today"
Which is funny because at the BUR hangar there is a single alleyway and being early doesn't help if the guy that was supposed to leave before you blocks out on time. The most frustrating thing as an FO was having the captain ask me to request deleting the speeds, haul ass to the ground, only to wait 20 minutes for the alleyway to open. Now as a captain I don't do that since 90% of the time it causes more hassle than good.

Which is funny because at the BUR hangar there is a single alleyway and being early doesn't help if the guy that was supposed to leave before you blocks out on time. The most frustrating thing as an FO was having the captain ask me to request deleting the speeds, haul ass to the ground, only to wait 20 minutes for the alleyway to open. Now as a captain I don't do that since 90% of the time it causes more hassle than good.

As a passenger, let me just say you guys are the absolute best way to get to Vegas from SoCal. Sure we’ve spoken before if you’ve ever come in on the ROKKR

As a passenger, let me just say you guys are the absolute best way to get to Vegas from SoCal. Sure we’ve spoken before if you’ve ever come in on the ROKKR
Then we most certainly did, I used to fly the ROKKR almost daily when I was BUR based, now a bit less but still quite often. Thank you and all your colleagues for always being awesome to work with.

I thought JSX shut down when Jet Suite stopped operations. I applied for a position at their Burbank location as a MX planner and got a TYMNT response about a year ago, oh well. Glad to hear they're still flying.

Back