Jobs

SkyWest has an opening for a dispatcher. $15.30 hr is what I believe they start at. Of course the want you to move to SGU. As commuting there would be a PITA. I guess moving there would be one also.

Well Im not complaining about Pinnacle at all. I wish I could work for them. But I know the startng pay at Pinnacle is WELL above Mesaba and it goes up quite a bit after 6 months also. My employer who is said to be one of the lowest paying regionals out there is starting me well above Mesaba.

All I was trying to say is that I was shocked when I saw Mesabas pay. That is abnormally low even for a regional.

Well Im not complaining about Pinnacle at all. I wish I could work for them. But I know the startng pay at Pinnacle is WELL above Mesaba and it goes up quite a bit after 6 months also. My employer who is said to be one of the lowest paying regionals out there is starting me well above Mesaba.

All I was trying to say is that I was shocked when I saw Mesabas pay. That is abnormally low even for a regional.

Oh I know, I was talking about in general on the boards here. I heard a lot of complaining about Pinnacle and if you look at Mesaba it is on par with regional first year FO pay.

I think Mesaba will do a decent amount of hiring. I wonder how many are going to jump ship when the merger with Pinnacle/Colgan goes through or are already starting to jump ship. MSP is a lot different from MEM. Even jumping ship to Compass and moving to STL as part of their TSA merger is not as different as moving to MEM. MEM is deep south and STL is more like MSP in terms of it being a midwest city. Some people it isnt a big deal but I know many dont like living in the deep south.

SkyWest has an opening for a dispatcher. $15.30 hr is what I believe they start at. Of course the want you to move to SGU. As commuting there would be a PITA. I guess moving there would be one also.

SGU is pretty expensive too, at least for a small town.

Does anyone think Skywest will move from SGU or consolidate everyone into SGU? With Xjet coming on board, there are HQs in ATL, SGU, IAH. I know ExpressJet has in their pilot contract a clause that states everyone has to be under one contract in a merger. The pilots are going to try to get everyone under one contract. If Skywest loses its case, then I think they will just merge all three into one. Thats where the HQ gets interesting.

If Skywest wins, I think we will see a western US HQ at SGU and an eastern HQ at ATL.

Oh I know, I was talking about in general on the boards here. I heard a lot of complaining about Pinnacle and if you look at Mesaba it is on par with regional first year FO pay.

I think Mesaba will do a decent amount of hiring. I wonder how many are going to jump ship when the merger with Pinnacle/Colgan goes through or are already starting to jump ship. MSP is a lot different from MEM. Even jumping ship to Compass and moving to STL as part of their TSA merger is not as different as moving to MEM. MEM is deep south and STL is more like MSP in terms of it being a midwest city. Some people it isnt a big deal but I know many dont like living in the deep south.

Yes we lost some people who were not willing to move and have moved on. We did not hire for awhile because we had a pretty kick ass crew and everyone was staying. I know the pay is not that high to start, but for everyone who is just getting out of school our office is a pretty killer place to get a start. The people who moved on were able to do so because of what they learned from training here at Mesaba.

If anyone is thinking about applying at Mesaba, I would say go for it. Plus it would be cool to have some JC members working here.

MEM would be one city where non-reving wouldn't be gawd-awful, no? Lot's of connections + FEDEX.

I agree that Winchester Rd. is scary. Plus, not all that wild about Krystal.:)
The real pull to a place, even in the location isn't 100% desirable, would be the QOL on the job. Spending 40-50 hours a week in an office that makes you miserable is just plain unacceptable - doesn't matter if the pay is $20,000/yr or $220,000/yr.

Plus, not all that wild about Krystal.:)
The real pull to a place, even in the location isn't 100% desirable, would be the QOL on the job. Spending 40-50 hours a week in an office that makes you miserable is just plain unacceptable - doesn't matter if the pay is $20,000/yr or $220,000/yr.

What's wrong with Krystal??? It's like White Castle... great after a night of drinking!

And I completely agree on the QOL. Money is nice, but most your waking hours in a workplace that's badly managed or full of discontent coworkers sucks. The best job I ever had was my first dispatch job, and it paid crap but I was much happier. Hopefully I can get back to that sort of environment.

Yes we lost some people who were not willing to move and have moved on. We did not hire for awhile because we had a pretty kick ass crew and everyone was staying. I know the pay is not that high to start, but for everyone who is just getting out of school our office is a pretty killer place to get a start. The people who moved on were able to do so because of what they learned from training here at Mesaba.

If anyone is thinking about applying at Mesaba, I would say go for it. Plus it would be cool to have some JC members working here.

I will definitely apply if there is still hiring in October when I finish at iFod. MSP is a nice place to live, even with all the cold weather. Im a hockey fan so I would fit in well.

MEM would be one city where non-reving wouldn't be gawd-awful, no? Lot's of connections + FEDEX.

I agree that Winchester Rd. is scary. Plus, not all that wild about Krystal.:)

I read that Fedex isnt the easiest airline to JS on for dispatchers. I heard they used to have a ban on on offline dispatchers. If they allow it then you are right about MEM. Everyday around 5-7PM I can see Fedex send one of its DC10s into IAD. That is a fine looking bird. Probably even better to JS on.

I read that Fedex isnt the easiest airline to JS on for dispatchers. I heard they used to have a ban on on offline dispatchers. If they allow it then you are right about MEM. Everyday around 5-7PM I can see Fedex send one of its DC10s into IAD. That is a fine looking bird. Probably even better to JS on.

FedEx used to allow offline dispatchers to jumpseat, don't know what the current status is. I believe you would have to be in the CASS system in order to do it as well (this allows offline jumpseaters cockpit access)...some airlines automatically include their dispatchers in this, and some do not.

Looks like American Eagle has a dispatcher opening in DFW.

I believe they are open to zero experience dispatchers and prefer college degrees on top of the DX license. Any new guys searching should get their apps in for this one.

Flight Safety is looking for an aircraft dispatch instructor for their NY training center.

For you college students, Southwest has an Dispatch Intern position (plus a ton of other intern slots) - apps in by end of Sept

Also - rumour mill has it that Southwest will be posting an opening for dispatch but will only be up less than 24hrs to limit the amount of responses. I heard it should be this week.

Looks like Polar is looking for Operations Controllers in Purchase, NY. I have heard through the rumor mill that they are also terribly understaffed as far as dispatchers go, but until they negotiate their contract (which should be soon) they will not be hiring, but they are going to be looking.

Back