Job Postings

Mach82

For those looking for new opportunities Indeed.com has postings for ASA/Xjet in ATL as well as Skywest in St George, UT. They are only a few days old so get typing on those applications before they close:fury: Good Luck

Done and done. Frontier and American Eagle have posted openings this week as well. Good luck boys & girls!

Not trying to hijack a thread, but didn't want to start a new thread, and this seems appropriate here:

Is there a website or some other source that lists the airlines/ businesses that hire dispatchers?

Not trying to hijack a thread, but didn't want to start a new thread, and this seems appropriate here:

Is there a website or some other source that lists the airlines/ businesses that hire dispatchers?

Any dispatch school you go to should have a list of airlines that you can submit your resume to. Outside of aviation, I have heard of some aircraft dispatchers getting hired as pipeline controllers, bus dispatchers, and train dispatchers. Some dispatchers are also hired by companies like Jeppesen, or by charter/fractional jet operators like NetJets. However, I would say that the vast majority of positions requiring an aircraft dispatcher certificate are at airlines.

If you are unable to get addresses from your school doing some internet research on airlines you are interested in working for can usually provide you with whatever contact information you need. While I did send out a large bunch of resumes to airlines after I got my license, I think in general it's best to target ones you know are looking for people (usually located in the "careers" section of any airline's web site.)

Any dispatch school you go to should have a list of airlines that you can submit your resume to. Outside of aviation, I have heard of some aircraft dispatchers getting hired as pipeline controllers, bus dispatchers, and train dispatchers. Some dispatchers are also hired by companies like Jeppesen, or by charter/fractional jet operators like NetJets. However, I would say that the vast majority of positions requiring an aircraft dispatcher certificate are at airlines.

If you are unable to get addresses from your school doing some internet research on airlines you are interested in working for can usually provide you with whatever contact information you need. While I did send out a large bunch of resumes to airlines after I got my license, I think in general it's best to target ones you know are looking for people (usually located in the "careers" section of any airline's web site.)

Thank you for the information, I take my practical soon and wanted to start early on sending out resumes.

Thank you for the information, I take my practical soon and wanted to start early on sending out resumes.

I didn't do this but I know Aeroscout did, I would start sending out resumes and applications out early while at school. I agree with getting the ball early on but I think it's a bit premature to do it without taking the practical. Most want a license before you start and if you get an interview before even going to school that is only going to make them wait until you finish school. Just my .02

I didn't do this but I know Aeroscout did, I would start sending out resumes and applications out early while at school. I agree with getting the ball early on but I think it's a bit premature to do it without taking the practical. Most want a license before you start and if you get an interview before even going to school that is only going to make them wait until you finish school. Just my .02

Alright the sounds good to me, I already passed the written, and the oral is in 10 days. I honestly doubt I get "picked up" within that time period lol.

Congrats on the written! My advice:

1. Create a perfect LinkedIn profile including a good picture of yourself. VERY IMPORTANT.
2. A current resume and cover letter on JS Firm. Have a pro do your resume if possible.

Within weeks of passing I had 5 interviews and 4 job offers. Almost all (except one) of the Recruiters or SOC managers used these two sites to find and evaluate me before they flew me out.

How did I land the job I'm in?

Someone I connected with on LinkedIn could not accept a position (lack of CASS) and was gracious enough to refer me (because I lived close by) the interview became a great job and my first dispatch gig.

Best of Luck!

Aeroscout840 said:

1. Create a perfect LinkedIn profile including a good picture of yourself. VERY IMPORTANT.
2. A current resume and cover letter on JS Firm. Have a pro do your resume if possible.

Within weeks of passing I had 5 interviews and 4 job offers. Almost all (except one) of the Recruiters or SOC managers used these two sites to find and evaluate me before they flew me out.

Someone I connected with on LinkedIn could not accept a position (lack of CASS) and was gracious enough to refer me (because I lived close by) the interview became a great job and my first dispatch gig.

Best of Luck!

Great advice Aeroscout, thanks!

Best of Luck!

Thank you, I'm glad you brought that up I just created an account with JS Firm. I do believe I should have a professional look over it as well. I appreciate the input, I look forward to great career as a dispatcher.

To each their own methods, but I never got any offers off of JSFIRM after creating my account. It is a good source to see what is out there in terms of open positions.

Also, for those interested, I received an email from Miami Air HR about another dispatcher position open.

To each their own methods, but I never got any offers off of JSFIRM after creating my account. It is a good source to see what is out there in terms of open positions.

Also, for those interested, I received an email from Miami Air HR about another dispatcher position open.
I am interested. Have you worked for them before?

Back