Job offer in Texas

Travis John

I was offered a job in Odessa, Tx so I am posting to see if anyone knows the odessa/midland or surrounding areas that have cheap affordable ($500-$700)living that is decent.

Thanks!

I was offered a job in Odessa, Tx so I am posting to see if anyone knows the odessa/midland or surrounding areas that have cheap affordable ($500-$700)living that is decent.

Thanks!

In the Midland area, you're probably going to need roommates to get down to that price, because hydrocarbon production.

Yeah. I found a few places within that range, but the reviews were horrible. Guess ill keep searching

They talk funny down there in the second largest state, but they sure produce some good looking ladies. :)

Well im from the south so i speak their language so that'll be just fine lol. And as far as the good looking women..you are absolutely right about that

I'd plan on something in the 1500-2000/month area for any sort of livable apartment or rent house and thats if one is available.

Don't know where you are going to work and what your schedule might be but if you have to look for roommates, check with the pilots at Basin Aviation over at Midland Airpark. They may have an opening for a roommate. Housing is very tough in both Odessa and Midland due to oil fields.

Don't know where you are going to work and what your schedule might be but if you have to look for roommates, check with the pilots at Basin Aviation over at Midland Airpark. They may have an opening for a roommate. Housing is very tough in both Odessa and Midland due to oil fields.
Really? I definately will check out Basin. I heard they are looking for pipeline patrol giys as well.I'd really like to work for them. I'll actually be working out of Andrews, Tx, but willing to live anywhere. I'll be flying out there tomorrow to see what i can find.

We have a crappy three bedroom townhouse and pay 1800 a month. Our mechanic has a crappy two bedroom apartment and pays 1600. Both in Odessa. Midland is even more expensive.

Ugh. You couldn't pay me $1600 /month to live in West Texas let alone would I spend that much on an apartment there.

Really? That bad huh?
I guess it's not too bad if you like flat brownness and oil fields. Some people like it, but it's not my cup of tea. I used to go into Midland from time to time for an old corporate gig I had and wasn't too impressed, but San Angelo isn't terrible-atleast it's semi green.

Midland/Odessa is an armpit, and the oil boom has priced even flea bag motels into the stratosphere. I hope the pay they're offering you will make it worth it.

Back