Job in USA as Non-Citizen

Jenxo

Hello everyone,

As the title says i am non us-citizen but i do hava an FAA license, i have 1019 TT, i have experience in part 135, most of it in the C208B, multicrew glasscockpit.

Are there eny operatos willing to take non us-citizen.

Thank you in advance.

I’m no expert in this subject, but, to the best of my recollection, the listed requirements on most job apps state that you only need the legal “right to work in the US”. I would guess there are a couple paths to this.

Yes you can work the U.S. as a non-citizen if you have either a Green Card or EAD Card.

Some jobs require citizenship, for example, CBP Air Interdiction Agent or anything related to national security. But typical 91, 135, 121 shops won't have any issues with Green Cards.

Now I you don't have Green Card or an easy way to get one, like a U.S. citizen spouse or smth then your options are extremely limited and time consuming.

I’m no expert in this subject, but, to the best of my recollection, the listed requirements on most job apps state that you only need the legal “right to work in the US”. I would guess there are a couple paths to this.

Thank you for your reply, i have seen that "right to work in the US" i hope i can fin a way.

I’m a “retired” immigration officer but still take my advice as a grain of salt.

You need to be formally sponsored by an employer to work in the USA. The problem is that the job of a commercial pilot generally DOES NOT require a bachelors degree or higher. Thus, it will probably not be eligible for H status (non-immigrant specialized work). Maybe if you were a superstar ATP you could come in as an O status like my grandfather did in the 1960’s.

Is the USA headed in the direction where US Citizenship and Immigration (USCIS) changes their mind? YES. There are truck drivers that magically acquired L status being “Company Managers”. It doesn’t seem right yet some clown officer at the border stamped them in. I’m sure pilots are in bigger demand than truck drivers.

Do you have any relatives that legally live in the USA?

Your best bet is Canada as they go out of their way to bring in specialized workers even for lower-educated jobs like commercial pilots, truck drivers, and firefighters.

What is your citizenship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back