Jetcareers

Redbirdfan

Ok, so I've only been part of this message board for about a week, but I'm absolutely shocked. All other message boards I've been to are pretty much home to people who do nothing but complain about their own job, their management, or (in most cases) Mesa airlines. It's great to see a bunch of aviators finally getting along, sharing good information, and most of all being curteous and professional. For those of you who don't know what I mean, check out the mudslinging that goes on at flightinfo.com for just one example. Jetcareers is great! Excellent job Doug!

Well...this is no flightinfo and that's why jetcareers is number one on my list. I did see some guy knocking another guy who got a job at Mesa, recently....which I thought was totally out of line.

I think Doug has set the tone here for what is allowable and what isn't. That level is way above the line that flightinfo sets (is there even a line, there?). I did send the mods at flightinfo an email about that TabExpressF/O guy and his posts disappeared right after that....which proves to me there ARE mods there....they just aren't active like Doug is.

If you cross Doug's line here at Jetcareers, you're going to hear about it....which I think is great.

[ QUOTE ]
If you cross Doug's line here at Jetcareers, you're going to hear about it....which I think is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Goon Squad will pay a visit........

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!

I spend a lot of my free time on the website (a LOT of time behind the scenes in the "machine room") and it's extraordinarily heartwarming to hear that people enjoy it. It really helps because at times, this site is all consuming and probably responsible for at least +20 points on my diastolic blood pressure reading but it makes it very much worth it when I know it helps at least a few people!
smile.gif

I too never gave Doug a Kudos for the site! I have found it so useful when asking dumb questions about trainign and whatnot...what makes the difference between here and jetphotos.net or airliners.net is that when you ask advice, or a question you are unsure about, is here you dont get flamed for being 'too newbie'...so Kudos to Doug!

Hear, hear. Great site as usual Doug and friends. Keep up the great work!

HOURS AND HOURS of entertainment!!!
grin.gif

Mad Props to Doug!
This site is the first that I go to when I get on the computer. I don't know what I would do without it!

[ QUOTE ]
Mad Props to Doug!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean, "Mad Turbines to Doug"?
smile.gif

Sorry, Sorry. WAY too tired to be posting.

Ethan

Yeah, I've never had an issue with anyone here. Everyone here seems to be respectful of others and of other's opinions. That is really what makes JetCareers stand out from the rest of the boards.

I used to go to flightinfo.com till I came across this website, and never returned. But, on the other hand I have come across other aviation forums where every one got along too much. It was like every one was being fake and it just felt wierd. Here at JC you get 31 flavors of personality. In my opinion jetcareers has many dimensions and perspectives. I see Flight attendants and Pilots wives throwing their .02 in too. So make yourself at home!!!

Doug, yep, I really enjoy this website, quite a mix of people here. Doug and his bodyguard Kristy along with the goon squad certainly do a great job of keeping the website civil.

Honestly, I don't even go anywhere else. I tried studentpilot.com once during my PPL, but it was just a phase.
grin.gif

This is THE aviation info site for me.

Mad turbine's... that's classic... !! Way to be Doug !!

... I too started out perusing my way through several sights but since I joined JC it has been my daily dose of flying while stuck in the ole' cube here at work..

This site is very professional and Doug does a great job! I'd like to tell a little story-
I had never posted on the board until the day of my first flying lesson. I was so nervous during the flight and wasn't sure what to make of it afterward. Considering that a pilot buddy of mine at US Airways was on away on a trip I had no one else to get advice from, so I asked some of the guys here about what I was going through and they all calmed me down and told me what I was going through was definately normal and okay.
I thought that showed alot about this message board and how everyone is willing to help. By the way thanks everyone to helped me that day
smile.gif

Yea Doug, thaks for providing a safe and friendly enviorment to ask questions in. But I was wondering, why do people on flightinfo.com become so antagonistic and depressing? Personaly, I dont even like to go visit that site anymore, it just seems to ruin my mood. There definatly seems to be a different breed of people that post on jetcareers.com. Thanks again for all your hardwork Doug.

Back