JetBlue pilots charged with attack on cab driver

Were these guys in uniform? it doesn't look like it from the article. So what does the fact that they were Jet Blue pilots have to do with the story? And how did they find out they were pilots? :confused:

Were these guys in uniform? it doesn't look like it from the article. So what does the fact that they were Jet Blue pilots have to do with the story? And how did they find out they were pilots? :confused:

Because they probably screamed "WE'RE PILOTS!" as they walked away without paying their tab

:sarcasm:

And how did they find out they were pilots? :confused:

How do you know if there's a pilot in the room? He'll come and tell you he's a pilot. This story seems very very suspicious. You don't get arrested over a 9 dollar cab fare. There's more to the story especially since they lived in the area, why take a cab just to go to subway.

I can't figure out why you guys think there is more to the story. People do this all the time to taxi drivers down here. They were leaving a real scumbag strip club. I'm seriously wondering why you guys think there is a different side to things. :confused:

You don't get arrested over a 9 dollar cab fare.

Really?

There's more to the story especially since they lived in the area, why take a cab just to go to subway.

For starters to avoid a DUI. What does living in the area have to do with what they did. They tried to screw a taxi driver over and instead beat him?

I hope they had fun downtown. That jail is like hell on earth.

Goes to show you that we're always on display as pilots, even though if you were a plumber or accountant, this probably wouldn't make the back page of the local newspaper.

moral of story... Never say, "I'm a pilot". ;) I'm a plumber for tonight.

I'm a poet!

More specifically, I am an industrial poet. I write poetry for heavy industry, but you haven't heard any of my material because it's primarily B2B.

Where I used to drive a cab, in Clarksville, TN, one of our night drivers got shot in the leg.

The dispatcher said she thought it was because he refused to pay $5 for the bj a crack addict gave him.

Still. He got shot.

(good story, right?)

Where I used to drive a cab, in Clarksville, TN, one of our night drivers got shot in the leg.

The dispatcher said she thought it was because he refused to pay $5 for the bj a crack addict gave him.

Still. He got shot.

(good story, right?)

Funny.. all that risk of who knows WHAT disease and gets shot on top of that.

Some people just know how to pick a winner, right?

I used to drive a cab too. You'd be amazed at how unpleasant normally rational characters can get when they're blitzed and out yukkin it up. I never managed to get my ass kicked, but I got stiffed a couple of times in situations where I probably could have gone after them (and gotten my ass kicked). And these weren't all poor folks, either. I certainly always packed the Sig under the seat.

On the other hand, most drunks are funny and great tippers. Just that ~5% who turn out to be secret a-holes.

Back