JetBlue Announced First Quarterly (And Yearly) Loss

Some extra reading. it's probably the most realistic approach to the airline industry.

BTW, I liked the part about "Mr. Wang flying from Shanghai". :)

That's a great website there Doug. How did you find it? Did you by any chance happen to meet the only mentioned pilot on the site, Captain Baiada?

Doug Taylor said:
Some extra reading. it's probably the most realistic approach to the airline industry.

Agree with you. These guys make sense and have a good track record.

The coming shakeout in the regional segment is probably going to be even more vicious than the legacies.

Doug Taylor said:

BTW, I liked the part about "Mr. Wang flying from Shanghai". :)

That is a friggin' hillarious site. About the only "consultant" that seems to have some clue ...

flyover said:
Agree with you. These guys make sense and have a good track record.

The coming shakeout in the regional segment is probably going to be even more vicious than the legacies.

I still maintain "regionals" died about 7 years ago.

They all evolved into national and mainline carriers but somehow managed to hold on to the "regional" title and all the crap wages/work rules that went along with that title ... oh and somehow they conned the old mainlines into paying their gas bills.

When you are flying into foreign countries and have route networks that cross the nation you are not a "regional."

That's like calling the former USSR a minor world power ...

Back