JC GoFundMe: Derg’s Retirement Charter

I don't even know that many people.

That was my first thought too…..if i invited all of my extended family, wife’s extended family, maybe siblings friend’s families, and everyone I’ve ever been friends or well acquainted with myself, I think i could maybe about half fill the thing….but then again, i guess that means nobody needs a center middle seat maybe?

Ah, the APU police. Sorry for the thread creep. UPS had this brilliant fuel savings plan to not start the APU on block in. MX would plug in ground power so no need for APU. Pilots were to shut the engines down after 90 seconds and wait for ground power if MX wasn't there. Sadly, now the cargo door can't open and the the ramper kids don't get their cans. It's all about the cans. Imagine 10 ramper kids standing around and the K loader guys just staring at the cargo door. Second thing was when they plugged ground power in after the plane went dark. Saw some weird status messages when that happened but we were heading for the crew van at that point.
I love story time with the senior/retired folks. I’m either chuckling or completely speechless. I’m sure there’s a ridiculous story for every year, probably month since 88’.

You can fund my retirement as well. I am targeting 15,000-20,000 subscribers, who I will name "Patrons of the Galactic Overlord", all for the low, low price of only $1.50/mo (minimum time of 240 months.) Each will receive a letter generated by my personal PC in thanks and have my personal gratitude.

Ah, the APU police. Sorry for the thread creep. UPS had this brilliant fuel savings plan to not start the APU on block in. MX would plug in ground power so no need for APU. Pilots were to shut the engines down after 90 seconds and wait for ground power if MX wasn't there. Sadly, now the cargo door can't open and the the ramper kids don't get their cans. It's all about the cans. Imagine 10 ramper kids standing around and the K loader guys just staring at the cargo door. Second thing was when they plugged ground power in after the plane went dark. Saw some weird status messages when that happened but we were heading for the crew van at that point.
Good ideas ALWAYS depend upon good performance. (See: Systems - How They Fail)

Part of me is pleased UPS thought their people were up to the task. Part of me is incredulous.

Think about the great chain of being. What's the metaphor? That's right, a chain. Any chain is no better than it's weakest link. When any link breaks, that chain; that being; that plan; that civilization is done, ... not to be recovered.

Now that you've thought along those lines... extrapolate... with current perspective.

Last edited:
Back