JC Cyclists.

Anyone have a recommendation on a good mountain bike repair location in DFW?

I have a Montegue folding bike that needs work - new headset, and the rim brakes need work.

Decided a couple weeks ago to get back into mountain biking and found this thing on CL for a really good price.

IMG_0621.jpg

This thing is light years ahead of my last bike, a '99 Schwinn Homegrown hard tail and I'm loving it.

Has anyone here used TrainerRoad for workouts? I've got a non-smart CycleOps that I'dlike to start using to get more fit. Looking at splitting garage and road workouts during the winter.

Anything with a little bit if meal/diet guidance would help too. What do you guys recommend?

Has anyone here used TrainerRoad for workouts? I've got a non-smart CycleOps that I'dlike to start using to get more fit. Looking at splitting garage and road workouts during the winter.

Anything with a little bit if meal/diet guidance would help too. What do you guys recommend?

No experience with app based products, I'm too old school with intervals on rollers but need to a) get back on a trainer to begin with b) probably get with the times. Would be interested to hear experience with smart trainers, my issue with rollers/trainers was always boredom.

Food wise, aside from the obvious of avoiding booze, sweets and overly fatty foods eat what works for you. Eating clean and avoiding overly processed foods is best. Best thing about training a bunch is you don't have to fret quite as much about what you eat. I miss the days of needing calories, now I have the opposite problem :bounce:

I use BKool which is a Spanish based app. Yeah it’s kinda boring but you can ride live with others and there’s an endless supply of routes. The trainer varies resistance so you can really hit every gear in the coarse of a workout. Keeps my butt used to the saddle and you can do some pretty hard workouts.

Time to turn that fork into a lamp!

Also, what the heck have you been packing in your steer tube?
Dirt, sand, slush, spruce needles.... it’s the original fork from when I got the bike 15 years ago. I wish I had a cool story about how I was shredding when I broke it, but the reality is I didn’t have my studded tires on yet and I ate it stopping at a crosswalk on snow/ice.

Wow if I had known this thread was here I would have come back sooner.

Been cycling / racing for 9 years now.

I have Giant bikes exclusively :)

(didn't see that one coming did you LOL)
bike-registgry-2019-07-07-New-frame-back.jpg

After an unhealthy and seriously depressing hiatus from riding (~15years) I finally got going again this winter. Put the road bike on the trainer and started spinning again. I'm really enjoying Zwifting more than I thought I would. Any other Zwifters here? I already read about the hatred for Strava, so I won't ask about that one. lol

I've also managed to get out on the mountain bike a few times. Although that bike is an ancient Kona hardtail that I used during college. On my second trail ride this year I trashed the rear derailleur and bottom dropout. Good news is they can both be repaired, and I'm gonna do that since it's cheap. But that bike is now being relegated to rails to trails or similar. No more mountain biking for my trusty steed.

Soooo, that means it's time for a new whip! Just ordered this beaut, should have it in a few more days. I'm not going to know how to ride. The technology has improved soooo much since I bought my last mountain bike, circa '95. I'm stoked!

Trek Fuel EX 9.8 - Carbon/Red
FuelEX98_20_29090_A_Portrait

After an unhealthy and seriously depressing hiatus from riding (~15years) I finally got going again this winter. Put the road bike on the trainer and started spinning again. I'm really enjoying Zwifting more than I thought I would. Any other Zwifters here? I already read about the hatred for Strava, so I won't ask about that one. lol

I've also managed to get out on the mountain bike a few times. Although that bike is an ancient Kona hardtail that I used during college. On my second trail ride this year I trashed the rear derailleur and bottom dropout. Good news is they can both be repaired, and I'm gonna do that since it's cheap. But that bike is now being relegated to rails to trails or similar. No more mountain biking for my trusty steed.

Soooo, that means it's time for a new whip! Just ordered this beaut, should have it in a few more days. I'm not going to know how to ride. The technology has improved soooo much since I bought my last mountain bike, circa '95. I'm stoked!

Trek Fuel EX 9.8 - Carbon/Red
FuelEX98_20_29090_A_Portrait

I’m a PMBI coach. If you need some set up tips I’d be happy to help. I’m in the PNW and I’d be happy to help in person with riding tips. I highly advise a coaching session just because riding has almost completely changed since you last were riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience with app based products, I'm too old school with intervals on rollers but need to a) get back on a trainer to begin with b) probably get with the times. Would be interested to hear experience with smart trainers, my issue with rollers/trainers was always boredom.

Food wise, aside from the obvious of avoiding booze, sweets and overly fatty foods eat what works for you. Eating clean and avoiding overly processed foods is best. Best thing about training a bunch is you don't have to fret quite as much about what you eat. I miss the days of needing calories, now I have the opposite problem :bounce:

I've enjoyed using Zwift in coordination with my trainer (Kinetic Rock & Roll...although I'm sorry I didn't just get the R1 Direct Drive right away). Between the Kinetic app and Zwift/Strava I've found no shortage of training and/or fun rides. I'm somewhat a trainer noob; but so far I don't really see any negatives after using this setup for a few months. I really like the fact the trainer moves side-to-side and provides a more realistic bike movement when you're stomping on it versus simply being locked into a fixed trainer.

Back