It's Christmas....

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
It\'s Christmas....

I log in at 10:30 am - I have an excuse for being online since i'm home alone, making sure everything is hunky dory on here since the hubby is flying everyone around...

do you have an excuse for being online? I see 17 users and 27 lurkers....
shocked.gif
you all are crazy!!
crazy.gif

did you all get aviation related xmas gifts or something? what's your excuse?

This is one of 4 days out of the year (thanksgiving, xmas eve & new years being the others) where your ALLOWED to be offline and off of this site
smile.gif
(haha)...get offline and go enjoy the christmas day... talk a walk - see some xmas lights...take in a movie and eat some popcorn for me (see Lord of the Rings if you haven't already)...or just spend some time doing something.. offline
blush.gif

now - get offline...go...be merry.. stop working, lurking and take a day off!!
wink.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

and you lurkers out there - log in and share something - tomorrow!
grin.gif
wink.gif

Re: It\'s Christmas....

I celebrated last night... today I work, just like another day at the office.
grin.gif
That's my excuse!!

I hope people are polite today and you get some "thank you's"....it's too bad you won't be there in chicago... doug's laying over there tonight...

[ QUOTE ]
do you have an excuse for being online?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, there are reasons for everything.
tongue.gif
I am sitting here at work....yes work and there are 6 people in the building (our department). There is nothing better to do. So that would be my excuse.

What are you doing online? Shouldn't you be outside enjoying the nice wx in Scottsdale?

Some of my best X'mas times were while I was stationed at Pearl Harbor. Nothing beats going to the beach for a little R&R on X'mas Day.
grin.gif

Thanks for all the work Doug and you do.

Hey, I've got an excuse; I'm seeing how fast this new computer works. Got a new MSI K8T Neo motherboard with an Athalon64 3200 chip and a gig of RAM. This thing SCREAMS!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Working
crazy.gif
. JC is a hang out place for me when I am at work. Sice I am in a pretty automated business it is just something for me to do...

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, I've got an excuse; I'm seeing how fast this new computer works. Got a new MSI K8T Neo motherboard with an Athalon64 3200 chip and a gig of RAM. This thing SCREAMS

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice...

I have two excuses.

One, I have no life.

Two, I too am also testing a new computer.

[ QUOTE ]
(For John) P4 2.8Ghz, 800Mhz FSB, 512 DDR400 Dual Channel Ram, GeForce FX 5200 128mb vid card, 70gb (8mb cache) 7200 RPM HD ... I was just playing the Call Of Duty demo at 1600x1200 full detail, 32mb textures, full dynamic lighting and "insane" corpses and it friggin' flys!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/techhijack]

Nice man, I just got done playing the full version of Call of Duty a little bit. I've got COD on here, Halo and Unreal II. Gives me something to cut my computers teeth on as all I had before was flight sim and Quake III Arena/Urban Terror
smile.gif

I'd go into my full setup, but it'd probably bore the non-geeks here
smile.gif

Let's just say that an UltraSCSI 160 setup destroys (we're real geeks in this house. I'm sitting next to a dual processor Athalon setup that runs as a Linux client that connets to our other dual processor Athalon server downstairs which talks with our other Athalon XP 1900 box next to that one...we're way into it
smile.gif

Cheers

John Herreshoff

I did my family thing last night...6 hours driving for 7.5 hours of quality time. It was way worth it, though. Today is weird because everything is closed and the kids I like to do things with are doing family stuff. I have a lot to do around the house, though, and I'm supposed to be studying for my 757 transition...just can't get in the mood to do either one.

Anyhow, guess I'm just happy and lucky to be off and don't have to go back to work until Monday. I'll be in Cologne, Germany for New Years...hope I can get into the Hard Rock cafe if it's not too crowded. They have a Starbucks there now, too.

My excuse is that I am visiting my sister in San Jose, CA and she has 2 little kids. It is raining outside and we are stuck at home, with 2 kids who require 100% attention.
crazy.gif

I have escaped to the study to do some "work". He he he.

Mahesh

SCSI rocks. But, at least it used to be, it can be a pain with PC architecture.

I had a SCSI set up on a Pentium (yeah a Pentium One!) 133Mhz and I blew through three MBs and two Controllers! Lol. That was back when I was into this stuff a little more than I am now.

This new computer is for my dad. A decent set-up for right at a grand.

If I had the money I'd get a G5 dual-processor and put QuarkXPress and Photoshop on it, and ONLY thoe two programs!
grin.gif

Then for everything else I'd do a 3Ghz P4 with all the trimmings and at least a Gig of ram. But, until Mircosoft comes up with an OS that really, honestly utilizes multiple processors I don't know how much good a dual set-up does for average use. Can you tell a difference? [edit: Doh, just noticed you're running Linux on those!
smile.gif
]

But then I'm a bit of a power freak. A broke power freak.
smirk.gif

I have a four hour 'productivity' sit in SLC today before heading onto ORD later on this evening.

That's my excuse!

[ QUOTE ]
....I'll be in Cologne, Germany for New Years...hope I can get into the Hard Rock cafe if it's not too crowded. They have a Starbucks there now, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why go to Cologne and spend time in a Hard Rock or Starbucks? Might as well go to McDonald's, too...
grin.gif

Just Kiddin ya.

Cathedral in Cologne is way cool.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a four hour 'productivity' sit in SLC today before heading onto ORD later on this evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh ??? Does that just mean a short layover with no hotel? What's the productivity?

They have a big McDonald's in CGN that has TWO floors. Anyways...I'm going over there to work, not to play...

We call it a 'productivity as sort of an inside joke'.

The company always complains that we're not productive enough, yet still I flew from LAS to SLC, I sit for nearly 5 hours, and then fly onto ORD.

Nothing contractural keeps us sitting here for nearly five hours except poor planning by the people that formed this rotation.

Doug, do you ever ride the hotel van to a resturaunt or mall or something to get out of the airport if you have a four hours to kill? How are the crew lounge facilities?

It's not bad here in SLC. We've got big leather lazy boy chairs, a big projection screen TV with DirecTV and a bunch of computers.

They also purchased us a little Xmas treat with some food and chips and such.

Anything over 5 hours they get us a hotel, but anything less most guys hang out and shoot the dookie with friends, good around on the computer or just entirely disappear for a few hours.

Can I assume that this 'productivity sit' is On The Clock
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Can I assume that this 'productivity sit' is On The Clock
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope!

I'm on duty for 10 hours and 29 minutes, but I'm only paid for 4 hours and 22 minutes of flight time.

Nothing great like working a 10 1/2 hour day and getting paid for less than half of that!
smile.gif

Back