Is this via the all new Jet sf340?

I'm not exactly a hard-liner on this stuff. I'll ride on GoJets or even Mesa (without even digging my fingernails in to the arm-rest if the weather isn't crap). But it'll be a cold day in an extremely warm place when you find me in the back of a Silver aircraft that's going to a cold place. I'd rather pack myself and overnight via UPS or FedEx. Even if that means I wind up in a Caravan! *shudder*

Tried to care; couldn't.

Edit: as prop trash myself, I'm glad to see the right airplane being used in the right market: doesn't make sense to run a jet if you can't fill it up and it makes even less sense to run that jet if you can't make money with it. Right-sizing is a good thing.

Quick!!!! How fast can we get to the bottom!!!

I realize these are just code share routes but its absolutely sickening to know these routes used to be operated by an excellent carrier with respectable pay and QOL.

Formerly Gulfstream... which was pay to play. Their pay is pretty crappy too. From reading the quick take on the other site though it looks like they'll very soon have better work rules than 9E.

Can't really dog Silver that much. They used to be gulfstream and went from a scab owned an operated airline that made pilot pay for their training to an airline that is trying to be respectable.

Formerly Gulfstream... which was pay to play. Their pay is pretty crappy too. From reading the quick take on the other site though it looks like they'll very soon have better work rules than 9E.

Yeah...I know they used to be Gulfstream...but that was then. Pay for Job is over with, they are growing, etc. I know someone that was an FO at Pinnacle and left for Silver and is now a Captain. Much better money than year two FO Pinnacle pay, plus he doesn't have to work at Pinnacle...so he wins. Just seems the hate for Silver is misplaced to me.

I think my biggest beef is that they've basically taken the flying that used to be done by Mesaba. I never worked at Mesaba but I hear it was a fine company that paid fair wages and treated their employees pretty well. I actually feel bad for a lot of the ones I fly with at Pinnacle. They'll ask questions about things and be like "is this how it always is?" and I generally have to reply with "other airlines do it better than this wonderful company?" with as much sarcasm as possible.

So yes, the used to be Gulfstream argument is out. My rant is more that Delta continues to ruin careers of those working at regionals by constantly realigning their flying with the lowest bidder. It's just good business on paper, I realize that. Still doesn't change the fact that I don't like the business model.

pay_silverairways2011.png

I think my biggest beef is that they've basically taken the flying that used to be done by Mesaba. I never worked at Mesaba but I hear it was a fine company that paid fair wages and treated their employees pretty well. I actually feel bad for a lot of the ones I fly with at Pinnacle. They'll ask questions about things and be like "is this how it always is?" and I generally have to reply with "other airlines do it better than this wonderful company?" with as much sarcasm as possible.

So yes, the used to be Gulfstream argument is out. My rant is more that Delta continues to ruin careers of those working at regionals by constantly realigning their flying with the lowest bidder. It's just good business on paper, I realize that. Still doesn't change the fact that I don't like the business model.
Me, you and everyone else on here hates the game playa. Yet that what it is. Do your time and network like crazy to get out of the regionals because guess what? Your company is next to get economically rearranged.

Year one CA pay at Silver is $39.xx/hr and Year two is $41.xx/hr but I think it is suppose to go up some in the near future but can't remember.

Back