Is this normal?

Since they upgraded the system, when you get your geo prefs you can choose between center only, tower only, or both. I am not sure if TRACON falls under center or tower. Also, everyone wants tower, so if you choose tower only you are less likely to get picked, I wouldn't recommend it.

Not necessarily true, though probably moreso now with the more limited possibilities. I selected "Terminal Only" and put in the comments that the St. Louis area was my preference. I got picked for the Spirit of St. Louis Airport in Chesterfield, which is just west of the metropolitan St. Louis area.

Your mileage may vary. For the PUBNAT 5/6, 7, and soon-to-maybe-could-be-appearing 8 folks, I'd say your best bet is to pick BOTH if you really want the job.

Something tells me they want to try and make future controllers happy (as they should!). I put down just CA and on the side wrote preferably LGB or LAX and was chosen for LAX.

Just so you know you dont have to stay in the housing they offer thats furnished. That can end up costing you 1300-1800 a month. I am in just a regular unfurnished apartment and am paying 600 a month (its 2bd 2 ba i have my fam with me) and pocketing that extra per diam. Or if you dont have all your stuff with you ( i was moving states anyways) you could stay at Warren house for 450 a month and its a one bedroom furnished. In the end i am making way more here than i will be once i get to my facility so more money for fun things like a new Wii and new x-box games!

I think I heard in SM that if/when the next PUBNAT comes out they are doing away with geo prefs. Anyone else hear this?

In my situation I feel this is a good thing because I really dont care where I go (except AK) so I dont have to worry about picking only two states if this were true, allthough I if I had the option to pick I would love somewhere in NY state.....however for those who want a specific location or state this may be a bad thing.

Back