Is Embry Riddle University #1?

Re: When I was at Riddle in 1980...

OWNED.
C'mon man, what is the deal? I understand that going to Riddle means you will take a lot of flack, but in aviation cant we all just enjoy a common passion and relax a little? I've known Khal for 3 years, I currently room with him, and I found that BMW for him. What is wrong with working hard for nice things? Dont assume someones character based on a sig pic, or their school. 9 times out of 10, you'll end up looking like a rude SOB who has a chip on their shoulder.
How do we do in airplanes? Based upon our record of winning almost all flight tourneys we get into, I would say well. How can I do in an aircraft? I am confident, and dont shy away from high winds, busy airspace, or challanging situations.
Dont let your lack of information lead you to assume these things about Riddle, and their pilots. You walked into the lions den to say something groundless, so IMHO it would be best if you just left this all alone, and think nexttime before you go on a groundless tirade. Have a nice day.

[ QUOTE ]
Some snot nosed kid had a Nissan 280ZX that I drooled over. Took me at least 10 years to afford a car like that but I finally got one. No big deal. It was a great car but nothing I should have cared about when I was 21. Now I see some Riddle dude thinking he's cool cause he drives a Beemer.....gag me.

My opinion, as an Ex-Riddle guy and as a major airline pilot? Don't care if you drive a beemer or what. Can you take a 152 into an 1800 foot grass, mountain, strip or can you fly an ILS down to 200 and a half, solo? Riddle....Purdue...none of it impresses me. What kind of car you drive? Impresses me even less....

Show me what you can do in an airplane...that's what matters. Where you went to school or what you drive matters not. Personally, I think a FBO 152 with a good CFI can turn out an equal, if not better, product than any big school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry dude I'm not out to impress you, i'm into the ladies. Either way umm, where did this come from? I don't recall the thread being about my car, nor do I remember posting anything about it. Someone asked if its mine, I said yes? or saying i'm "cool" because of my car. You don't even know me and I havn't posted anything on this board that would give you grounds to jump on my case. Get over it.
spin2.gif

Almost forgot. Here is my BMW:
f965cc4f.jpg

I've wanted an M5 since I saw my first E34 M5, so I made one for myself.

[ QUOTE ]
9 times out of 10, you'll end up looking like a rude SOB who has a chip on their shoulder.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I don't think this is his lucky day.

[ QUOTE ]
LOL did you use superglue for that BMW emblem?

[/ QUOTE ]
No superglue, just some photochop. Khal and I made that a few months ago, and the instances where it can be used are numerous.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Some snot nosed kid had a Nissan 280ZX that I drooled over. Took me at least 10 years to afford a car like that but I finally got one. No big deal. It was a great car but nothing I should have cared about when I was 21. Now I see some Riddle dude thinking he's cool cause he drives a Beemer.....gag me.

My opinion, as an Ex-Riddle guy and as a major airline pilot? Don't care if you drive a beemer or what. Can you take a 152 into an 1800 foot grass, mountain, strip or can you fly an ILS down to 200 and a half, solo? Riddle....Purdue...none of it impresses me. What kind of car you drive? Impresses me even less....

Show me what you can do in an airplane...that's what matters. Where you went to school or what you drive matters not. Personally, I think a FBO 152 with a good CFI can turn out an equal, if not better, product than any big school.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey man, I can see where you're coming from and all, having experience with "Snot nosed kids" who who think they are cool because they drive beamers, but this guy seems pretty cool. If there were reason to jump on this guys case because he's got a big head about his car, school, whatever I'd be the first to do it. I'm one bitter sob.
wink.gif
So yeah, judge the contents of ones character, not a picture in his sig.

[ QUOTE ]
How do we do in airplanes? Based upon our record of winning almost all flight tourneys we get into, I would say well. How can I do in an aircraft? I am confident, and dont shy away from high winds, busy airspace, or challanging situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now it is my turn to gag. UND does well in those competitions too, but over my dead body are you going to hear me compare myself and my abilities to that group.

Sucess in college is an all around package. It includes education, friendships, activities and other social aspects. I think the guys on our flight team are lacking in the social matter, thus doing a disservice to them and their college career. But I won't bring them down for that, it is their choice and their life. But please don't compare yourself and the quality of your education based off of winning flying team events.

This is turning into a big pissing contest. I think this thread needs to just die.

sucks5.jpg

Perhaps you're right. I have some deep seated anti-ERAU feelings based on my experiences there and some of the spoiled brat types I met. That's no reason to draw conclusions about someone based on a few posts at a website.

Next time I feel my buttons being pushed, I'll try harder to keep my mouth shut.....

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you're right. I have some deep seated anti-ERAU feelings based on my experiences there and some of the spoiled brat types I met. That's no reason to draw conclusions about someone based on a few posts at a website.

Next time I feel my buttons being pushed, I'll try harder to keep my mouth shut.....

[/ QUOTE ]

If found in my immense internet socialization experience (since theres nothing else to do in prescott lol) that be able to get a feel for the tone behind what someone says is just hard to do...which is probably why everyone argues so much.

Anyways, I'm glad ya feel that way. I'm sorry if I said anything that made me come across as a "brat" or the type of person you described. That's really not who I am, and not how I intended to sound. ^_^ I just want to enjoy a place online I can socialize with the people living my dream!

Back