IPC by FAA Inspector

b7474ever

Is there anyone that had their airplane instrument proficiency check done by a FAA inspector?

I know it would be better off going to a instructor but I am also looking to get my cffii after I get current. I wanna get requinted with taking chekrides again and by doing it with the FAA I was thinking it may help me get in the "zone". In the PTS, they have a seperate columns for first time instrument rating and IPC. Can I ask the examiner to follow the instrument rating TASKS rather than the IPC. I would like to know what are your thoughts and advice on this.

Thanks.

Get your IPC done by a CFII, and take your CFII ride with a DPE, not the FAA. And honestly, the CFII ride isn't too much like an IPC. An IPC you just need to perform the tasks, the CFII is concerned with teaching them...

For the IPC, it doesn't really matter. If you have an inspector who has time to do it may as well. There is no provision in the CFRs for a failure for an IPC/flight review so there should be no endorsement in your logbook if you fail and no paperwork generated. You simply wouldn't get the sign-off.

Honestly, I can't imagine there are many inspectors out there with the time to do one, but if you found one who has a reputation for being a normal human being and has the time, why not?

I don't think it's a bad idea. If anything, it'll help prepare you if you end up working for a charter company who doesn't have their own check airman. In that case, you'll wind up doing ALL your 135 check rides with a FAA inspector... If you end up working with the same FSDO you have the chance to develop a good rapport with them. Keep your friends close & you're enemies closer...

Good luck finding one willing to do it, there's a reason they delegate most check rides to private examiners.

Back