Interview

from our Ops Specs, paragraph A030:

a. The certificate holder may conduct nonscheduled operations between the airports listed in paragraph C070 of these operations specifications in accordance with the regulations applicable to domestic operations or flag operations as appropriate to the kind of operation being conducted.

So, technically, yes. It's possible to conduct "Supplemental" operations under this rule if you have a domestic/flag certificate under the applicable regs. However, and this doesn't mean it's correct, we conduct "charters" under flag/domestic rules if the airports are covered in C70.

And I agree, it'd be a BS question in an interview. As far as advice, my first dispatch job (for a supplemental carrier) involved no dispatch questions, more like character and background stuff. The manager assumed (and I hate that word) that if you had a license you knew the basics well enough to be taught specificson how they do things. In subsequent interviews, I actually got to technical questions as a measure of experience, but nothing that was too in depth or tricky.

Remember not all airlines with supplemental/domestic/flag authority have A030. A030 technically has nothing to do directly with he FARs, it's simply an authorization by the FAA to operate supplemental flights under domestic or flag rules where C070 applies.

Try to remember too that not all questions you're asked in an interview are black and white. I would not expect you to know the ops specs of my airline, so I would not expect that if I asked you a question about them that you would get them right in the context of here. There will be interviewers who ask questions expecting that you'll either get them wrong or will have to work through the problem. The point is to generate discussion and assess your problem solving skills under duress.

Lastly, though ETOPS classroom is a nice thing to have, most people who come out of dispatch school are not going anywhere where that type of training applies.

Lastly, though ETOPS classroom is a nice thing to have, most people who come out of dispatch school are not going anywhere where that type of training applies.
Exactly.... yet my only argument was that her goal is Ryan right out of the school house. Even though it isn't required, it could influence the recruiters decision if came down to her and another candidate with similar qualifications.

Remember not all airlines with supplemental/domestic/flag authority have A030. A030 technically has nothing to do directly with he FARs, it's simply an authorization by the FAA to operate supplemental flights under domestic or flag rules where C070 applies.

Try to remember too that not all questions you're asked in an interview are black and white. I would not expect you to know the ops specs of my airline, so I would not expect that if I asked you a question about them that you would get them right in the context of here. There will be interviewers who ask questions expecting that you'll either get them wrong or will have to work through the problem. The point is to generate discussion and assess your problem solving skills under duress.

What he said!

Back in the day when I took my tests, the examiner straight up told me he was going to ask me things I wouldn't know. Also, he knew what material we had studied to our specific school, so any strange Ops Specs he didn't get into. For instnce we didn't even touch weight and balance, and there was not a single question.

Back