Interview Monday at Republic...any suggestions?

Again, excuse me, I was not complaining. I said it would have been nice to at least let me know I wasnt selected. That is not complaining. I have a job, I have 20 years of job history, and I really dont need someone telling me that I am complaining when im not. It is common practice in any job field on a interview at some point to let you know you werent selected for the job.

So are you still planning on starting with Pinnacle in the mean time?

That would be amazing. Maybe you can use it to get a raise.

Maybe I should submit a resume in case the potential furlough actually comes through. It's only a 2 hour drive north up I-65.

Are the duty managers union and required to be current/qualified dispatchers?

I heard UPS furloughed 3 dispatchers! Did they just tell all the assistants to go home or did they actually take people off a desk?

I heard UPS furloughed 3 dispatchers! Did they just tell all the assistants to go home or did they actually take people off a desk?

3 assistants are being furloughed, 1 person taken off a desk and downgraded to assistant.

I am 100% positive RAH SOC employees visit JC. A great way to not get a job is to complain about the company you just interviewed with.

I take exception to this notion as well.. been to many interviews .. There is a way you treat professionals traveling from the 4 corners of the empire to see you for a position.. This trip started out nicely, I was shure ( at first) this was a class organization, We were all flown in on positive space (nice), limo at the airport then the real company came into view.:crazy:

Standing in the main RAH lobby with 4 others there for the same thing, we sat there networking for some time. Then one by one we were all bum-rushed through the Q & A with HR and some SOC guy in less than 15 minutes each!:dunno: heck, the finger printing took longer! The two interviwers barely introduced themselfves, provided no business cards, nothing on the company, they did not want my resume that I "properly" brought with me..to go over. They asked the most elementary of HR questions..afterwards, She tell me that they have already selected everyone for the class and asked if I was interested in being in the hiring pool... The silent SOC guy then hands me this 12 question test and sends me back out in the lobby...says hand it in to the front desk clerk when your done...
Out in the lobby, there are no tables to write on, it's noisy with people traversing the lobby, other interviewees etc..i'm thinking really? , how important was that test?? I know I aced it but did anyone even see it? They could have cared less from what I could see.. I went throught motions knowing this could have been part of the interview, was pleasant, and that was that.. down the elevators and back home.. end of a 22 hour day.. :rotfl: Joke...

Now that is how to NOT run an interview..

These airline HR types seem to forget that the interview is a two way street.. if they treat us like that in the interview, what does that say about how we would be treated as an employee?? I guess this is ok for the "now" generation of 23 year olds.. they don't know any better.. but if you want to get the highly experienced dispatchers, the types that can make extensive contributions to your company in many other intangable ways, then you had better show a little more respect..
It will take more than a limo ride and positive space plane ticket to show you have class and really follow your own "mission statement" of our employee's are first crap.. :yup:

Other than that, they look like a great company!!!:cool:

I take exception to this notion as well.. been to many interviews .. There is a way you treat professionals traveling from the 4 corners of the empire to see you for a position.. This trip started out nicely, I was shure ( at first) this was a class organization, We were all flown in on positive space (nice), limo at the airport then the real company came into view.:crazy:

Standing in the main RAH lobby with 4 others there for the same thing, we sat there networking for some time. Then one by one we were all bum-rushed through the Q & A with HR and some SOC guy in less than 15 minutes each!:dunno: heck, the finger printing took longer! The two interviwers barely introduced themselfves, provided no business cards, nothing on the company, they did not want my resume that I "properly" brought with me..to go over. They asked the most elementary of HR questions..afterwards, She tell me that they have already selected everyone for the class and asked if I was interested in being in the hiring pool... The silent SOC guy then hands me this 12 question test and sends me back out in the lobby...says hand it in to the front desk clerk when your done...
Out in the lobby, there are no tables to write on, it's noisy with people traversing the lobby, other interviewees etc..i'm thinking really? , how important was that test?? I know I aced it but did anyone even see it? They could have cared less from what I could see.. I went throught motions knowing this could have been part of the interview, was pleasant, and that was that.. down the elevators and back home.. end of a 22 hour day.. :rotfl: Joke...

These airline HR types seem to forget that the interview is a two way street.. if they treat us like that in the interview, what does that say about how we would be treated as an employee?? I guess this is ok for the "now" generation of 23 year olds.. they don't know any better.. but if you want to get the highly experienced dispatchers, the types that can make extensive contributions to your company in many other intangable ways, then you had better show a little more respect..
It will take more than a limo ride and positive space plane ticket to show you have class and really follow your own "mission statement" of our employee's are first crap.. :yup:

Everything he said was accurate. I felt like they just didnt care that much about even interviewing me, and I felt very little interest when I was there.

Just to finish a few thoughts on this.. especially for those in HR "lurking" here.. we know you see this..and I extend all the respect to your work, but...

First, I have the utmost respect for the employees there at RAH and Frontier.. I am by no means knocking them or their work.. All of us in this business, older and young are bitten with the aviation bug for which there is no cure.. driving us back to this business like ants to sugar...

Companies have for years, taken advantage of our passion with a rough hand, low pay and stiff company policies that rarely are used on other industries. They use the senority system against us knowing the longer we stay the harder it will be to go somewhere else..playing right into any changes they want to make. I think this is ethically wrong...

note: (this is something I believe with enough momentium could change if the unions were to ban together and form a national base pay scale tired to ones years on the job, but that's a whole differnt thread)..

I have worked on some pretty spectacular programs and great companies that know how to take care of their employees. As a business owner in my other life, my first priority to being successful was to be sure my employees were successful and well paid, I never had an employee quit.. Treat them well and they will make my business successful..So why don't a lot of airlines understand this simple axiom?

So what am I ranting about here you ask.. this interview with RAH simply displayed all the traits I just outlined. They, like other HR deprtments, have been so use to being the "wizard of oz" that an attitude of devine arrorgance has become their montra for treatment of interviewees and employees..

No one is asking for 6 figure salaries or having our butts powdered, just recognize that you have the best employee base to choose from, because we all love aviation, we love the work we do, making us a much superior pool to hire from than most other industries ever get to choose from.

You pay us well, give us security, some ownership and benefits and we will fly your airline into profitability.. This goes for every working group!!

So If I just complained about the company I just interviewed with, then so be it, its not personal, its business and common sence.. You want to make money, have happy people that are willing to go above and beyond.. try the model I outlined..

Rant off, and now off to slay another dragon!:beer:

Went to RAH for an interview once back in 2007. Same treatment but they gave me a tour in there CHQ DX office. It was nice but I felt I got a cold treatment during the whole process. Of all the interviews I had in my life this was my least favorate

But thats just me

And this company bought two major airlines? Jeebus!

Republic, you've certainly got your head up your ass. lol! Way to treat all your employees, those who you've assimilated, and those unlucky enough to interview there.

Back