Internet Explorer Problem.

flyitup

I have a question for all you tech savvy folks...

For some weird reason, internet explorer will not remember my Jetcareers password and login info. You know, when you login to the forums and it automatically goes to your chosen skin and displays the new posts that are unread. I enter my info and it goes right back to the default, un-logged in page! I know its explorer because it does the same thing on another website that I log into.

I checked to make sure that I am excepting cookies and that’s all set properly. I also re-installed Explorer 6.0 to no avail…

I've downloaded Navigator as a temporary solution and that's how I'm able to post...

Any ideas??

Since you are having problems with other sites and not just this one I would suggest deleting ALL your cookies and relogging in to everything, and you may still have to hit refresh. HTH.

Doug,

I went through each step and nothing helped. I also deleted all my cookies as Michelle suggested, and still nothing...

It's obviously an IE problem, but I just don't get it... I've been using Explorer for years and have never had any trouble...

Well in order to find out if it's IE or your computer you should try logging in on someone else's computer and see if you have the same problem.

[ QUOTE ]
Well in order to find out if it's IE or your computer you should try logging in on someone else's computer and see if you have the same problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it's just an IE problem because I'm logged in right now using Navigator and everything is fine...

Hmm. Well it is possible that it could be a computer problem related to your IE and not IE itself. Have you checked for an update or patch or anything? Hope you get it figured out cause logging in every time is not fun.

Just switch to Opera browser, and your Internet Exploder woes will be over.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm. Well it is possible that it could be a computer problem related to your IE and not IE itself. Have you checked for an update or patch or anything? Hope you get it figured out cause logging in every time is not fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a thought... Is there a specific patch you can suggest?

Man, that's weird. What was the last change you made to IE?

[ QUOTE ]
Man, that's weird. What was the last change you made to IE?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didn't do anything out of the norm. I delete cookies, temp. internet files, and history on occasion to keep things running smoothly. Other than that, nothing...

It was even working fine earlier this afternoon...

Along the weird stuff thread...

There used to be slick pull-down menus on the left side of the page that appeared as the pointer rolled over them. Now I'm not getting those anymore.

Im having the opposite problem...I never seem to logout when using my sister's computer. I click on logout, but when I return Im still logged in - sometimes there is a lapse of several days and Ive since logged in on my computer. Its strange to return to week old threads.

I *think* even if you logout, if you have the "remember me" thing checked, it will keep your log in. I would clear the cookies everytime you leave her computer.

As far as a patch, I'm sorry, I don't have one to suggest, but I am sure there is a website that will tell you if there are any updates. And you're sure that your privacy is on "accept all cookies"?

[ QUOTE ]
And you're sure that your privacy is on "accept all cookies"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... Just double checked. This sucks...
frown.gif

Weird. Not a thing has changed with the forum so it's got to be someting with IE.

but the question is... what?!

[ QUOTE ]
Weird. Not a thing has changed with the forum so it's got to be someting with IE.

but the question is... what?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah definitely IE...

This is sooo friggin' ridiculous... I've wasted half my evening trying to figure it out!

Yeah, I had the same problem about two weeks ago. I finally gave up trying to view the forum with IE on that CPU. The EXACT same thing happened. I would sign in, and it would take me to "my home" or whatever, then when I tried to view the forum, it would appear as if I hadn't logged in. I deleted temp IE files, made sure I was accepting cookies, checked the security settings, etc etc. I eventually just decided to view it from my other CPU. If you ever figure the problem out, let me know.

Maybe check the autocomplete settings (Tools > Internet options > Content tab), verify "usernames and passwords on form" and "prompt me to save passwords" is checked?

Oh yeah! I forgot about that one! Mine got unchecked once somehow and it wasn't prompting the "would you like windows to remember your password". However, if you have the box checked on the site that says "remember each time I log on" or whatever it says, then it should work anyway, so maybe that is still not it. :\

Back