Internet Explorer Problem.

Don't even get me started on IE. My work laptop is so screwed up. There are so many things I used to be able ot do that I can't do anymore.

I tried to update IE but after I downloaded the patch, it told me that the software could not be authenticated (after downloading it from Microsoft IE support!). Now my computer is in a weird state. If I log in as someone else, it says that IE has been deleted from the machine.

Whatever, I want a new laptop! 2 months after i got it, the sound card went bad. And often when I go into Windows explorer (in local directories), it hangs. How annoying!

I am not very happy with the new Dell laptops.

Mahesh

[ QUOTE ]
Along the weird stuff thread...

There used to be slick pull-down menus on the left side of the page that appeared as the pointer rolled over them. Now I'm not getting those anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]
When Doug redesigned the site, he changed the menu from a JavaScript (I think) to Flash. The contents of each section expand when you click on them.

I don't know... It's still not working.

I attempted to download IE from microsoft three times and I get an error message each time telling me "download is incomplete". I also tried to completely delete IE from my computer, and can't seem to do that either... Oh well...

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have XP? IE is part of the operating system now, it cannot be deleted.

Mahesh

[/ QUOTE ]

That must be it... I do have XP.

I wonder if it would be better to contact microsoft or Dell to get the problem resolved??

I have had problems with some things. With XP, you can restore you computer to an earlier date. Do that, and pick a few days ago (XP saves your stuff all the time). That should do the trick.

[ QUOTE ]
I have had problems with some things. With XP, you can restore you computer to an earlier date. Do that, and pick a few days ago (XP saves your stuff all the time). That should do the trick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny that you mention that... I have had to do that before on occasion, and it has always worked great. This time I went to do it and there were absolutely no past restore dates... none. What gives?

Speaking from experience, you might want to (if you haven't already) back up everything right now incase this leads to some kind of bigger problem. You might end up having to reinstall windows.

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking from experience, you might want to (if you haven't already) back up everything right now incase this leads to some kind of bigger problem. You might end up having to reinstall windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea Michelle... I have plenty of blank cd's that should do the job.

Back