Indonesia, SE Asia help if you need it......

Greetings, first post here: air born? Twin otter? Are they wheeled, float or amphibian? Anything known about the operation, pay, management, current state of affairs? Did a Google search, one posting on pprune stated trouble, bad management, financial problems, but it was a few years old.
Appreciate any info you might have, thanks! (Air born is an Indonesian operation, currently looking for Twotter drivers, source of my inquiry)...

I applied to them with
350TT no reply yet.
I heard getting a visa is hard in Indo nowadays.

Any other low time pilot jobs you recommend applying to?

No, but I think Suzi Air still hires low time expats. Unfortunately I am not in Indonesia anymore. I am now in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and not too sure how long I will be here as the company I am working for isn't very good to say the least.

And I am still wondering where do people get money to get licenced. It's like 40 grand for CPL...

I can't even get one in my country which almost doubles the price since I will have to live in the USA.

Vietnam? Why did you make it there?

And I am still wondering where do people get money to get licenced. It's like 40 grand for CPL...

I can't even get one in my country which almost doubles the price since I will have to live in the USA.

Vietnam? Why did you make it there?

I didn't "make anything" here, I got a job here. If you can call it that. Yes, getting your license can be a costly endeavor. Loans, grants, scholarships, military are all ways to get it. I just got another job offer back in Indonesia so I may be moving back there soon. Will keep you posted.

I am in Indonesia right now. I am not an English speaker so I might be using this "make it there" thing wrong. Yes, I tried to say why did you go there. Wasn't job in Indonesia satisfying?

I guess loan is my case

No problem.....Travira Air needed to save money so they hired a cheaper Indonesian pilot and didn't renew my contract. I had a number of job offers, and chose this one in Saigon for a number of reasons. While not ideal, it's a job lol. Staying put for now as well.

Back